I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. bumped||B. sounded||C. booked||D. washed|
|A. monster||B. optional||C. clothes||D. tropical|
|A. health||B. eighth||C. path||D. further|
|A. of||B. knife||C. leaf||D. wife|
|A. eight||B. weight||C. freight||D. receive|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. He had a headache _____ he had too much beer.
|A. and||B. because||C. however||D. but|
2. Is this the answer _____ you have been looking for?
|A. whom||B. who||C. which||D. whose|
3. If they _____ to the mountains next week, they will be able to ski.
|A. will go||B. go||C. are going||D. could go|
4. Min suggests _____ less water to save money.
|A. using||B. uses||C. should use||D. use|
5. Do you know the place _____ we watched on TV last night?
|A. who||B. whom||C. whose||D. which|
6. The house caught fire when it was struck by _____.
|A. hurricane||B. battery||C. thunder||D. lightning|
7. I haven’t got a passport, _____ means I can’t leave my country.
|A. which||B. that||C. who||D. what|
8. I stopped at the museum, _____ I had never visited before.
|A. they which||B. that||C. which||D. they|
9. The South Vietnam was completely liberated _____ April 30th, 1975.
|A. in||B. on||C. at||D. to|
10. Why don’t we _____ garbage bins around the schoolyard to keep it clean?
|A. put||B. to put||C. putting||D. we put|
III. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. He became very madly over a small problem.
|A. became||B. very||C. madly||D. small|
2. Jack always does homework very good even though he is too lazy.
|A. does||B. good||C. even though||D. too|
3. He couldn’t find the key because he had to stay outside all night.
|A. the||B. because||C. had to||D. outside|
4. Ms. Kieu was worry that her kids and had gone out without her permission.
|A. worry||B. her||C. had gone||D. permission|
5. The charity organization provides the poor with a lot of household furnitures.
|A. charity||B. the poor||C. with||D. furnitures|
IV. Choose the word (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Garbage is what someone leaves behind that they do not want to use anymore. It can also be called (1) _____ or rubbish. A definition of garbage is anything left behind at a place (2) _____ you used to be, but are not anymore. In modern homes and businesses, however, garbage is normally separated and put where it can be (3) _____ and taken to a place designed to hold, burn, or recycle garbage.
Smoke is a cloud of very small, solid parts. It is made when (4) _____ something. Smoke can be bad because if it goes into the lungs of a person, it can kill them. Most people think that they are always able to see smoke, but it can also be (5) _____. (a thing that a person is not able to see).
|A. waste||B. save||C. safe||D. stone|
|A. it||B. that||C. which||D. where|
|A. wrapped||B. organized||C. collected||D. picked|
|A. firing||B. fighting||C. burning||D. chopping|
|A. invisible||B. unmovable||C. unspeakable||D. insensible|