I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. fun||B. skillful||C. dust||D. sun|
|A. collection||B. education||C. question||D. caution|
|A. please||B. defeat||C. reader||D. rehear|
II. Choose the odd one out.
|A. whale||B. shark||C. dolphin||D. lion|
|A. lovely||B. healthy||C. perfectly||D. friendly|
|A. broccoli||B. grape||C. starfruit||D. melon|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. What a great _____! – He plays very well.
|A. ship||B. bank||C. bench||D. band|
2. You _____ finish this question for literature before tonight.
|A. have to||B. has to||C. had to||D. having|
3. I spend most of my free time _____ fishing.
|A. to go||B. go||C. going||D. goes|
4. _____did you see John? – Yesterday afternoon.
|A. When||B. Where||C. What time||D. How|
5. I don’t like alcohol drinks. Hoa doesn’t like it, _____.
|A. neither||B. so||C. too||D. either|
6. Let’s _____ something to eat.
|A. have||B. has||C. having||D. to have|
7. Last week, the doctor _____ a sick note for me.
|A. write||B. wrote||C. to write||D. writing|
8. Stop, please! That’s too _____ pepper.
|A. many||B. some||C. much||D. few|
9. Math, History, English are _____.
|A. periods||B. subjects||C. languages||D. study|
10. How _____ do you play the piano? – Twice every week.
|A. usually||B. much||C. often||D. long|
IV. Choose the best phrase A, B, C or D for each sentence.
1. English/ you/ start/ did/ learning/ when/?
|A. When did you start learning English?||B. Did you start learning English when?|
|C. When you did start learning English?||D. Learning English when did you start?|
2. Jim/ forget/ brush/ teeth/ yesterday/.
|A. Jim forgets to brush his teeth yesterday.||B. Jim forgot brushed his teeth yesterday.|
|C. Jim forgot brushing his tooth yesterday.||D. Jim forgot to brush his teeth yesterday.|
3. I/ go/ to/ school/ this/ morning/.
|A. I goes to school this morning.||B. I go to school this morning.|
|C. I went to school this morning.||D. I am going to school this morning.|
4. Go/ to/ Let’s/ cinema/ after/ the/ school/.
|A. Let’s to the cinema go after school.||B. Let’s go to the cinema after school.|
|C. Go to the cinema after school let’s.||D. After school let’s go to the cinema.|
5. The girls/ walk/ to school.
|A. The girls are walking to school.||B. The girls is walking to school.|
|A. The girls are walking to school.||D. The girls is walk to school.|
V. Rewrite the following sentences using the words given.
1. Let’s go to the mall.
– Why don’t ______________________?
2. He is a careful driver.
– He drives _______________________.
3. How much does this printer cost?
– How much _____________________?
4. You are stronger than your brother.
– Your brother ____________________.
5. What’s your son’s age?
– How ___________________________?