I. Choose the word which stressed differently from the others.
|A. teenager||B. interactive||C. disappear||D. disappoint|
|A. limitation||B. appointment||C. unpolluted||D. regulation|
|A. order||B. customer||C. conserve||D. faucet|
|A. creature||B. spinach||C. sample||D. complete|
|A. provide||B. internet||C. sewage||D. travel|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. You can have both pizza _____ hamburger.
|A. or||B. nor||C. but||D. and|
2. What about _____ a letter to apologize him?
|A. write||B. to write||C. writing||D. wrote|
3. Jason is proud _____ his sister and loves her so much.
|A. about||B. for||C. in||D. of|
4. A lot of people advise me to break _____ with her.
|A. up||B. off||C. of||D. out|
5. If we had known your new address, we _____ to see you.
|A. came||B. will come||C. would come||D. come|
6. Bien Hoa city, _____ I live, is in Dong Nai province.
|A. where||B. which||C. in where||D. which in|
7. At Christmas time, ornaments _____ round the Christmas tree.
|A. decorate||B. is decorating||C. decorated||D. are decorated|
8. He offered me to stay in his bedroom, _____ was very nice of him.
|A. this||B. that||C. which||D. what|
9. January 1st _____ widely recognized as New Year’s Day in the 1500s.
|A. becomes||B. became||C. has become||D. become|
10. The girl _____ I introduced you to last Monday may be my girlfriend in the near future.
|A. which||B. whom||C. whose||D. that|
III. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. Phu Quoc island, that has a beautiful beach, attracts many visitors.
|A. that||B. beautiful||C. attracts||D. visitors|
2. Some students has joined in the language program excitedly.
|A. some||B. has joined||C. the language||D. excitedly|
3. Huong suggested staying at her house and watch TV instead.
|A. suggested||B. staying||C. watch TV||D. instead|
4. I were young and inexperienced; therefore, I made a lot of mistakes.
|A. were||B. therefore||C. made||D. mistakes|
5. A traveler can reach some of the village along the Amazon only by riverboat.
|A. reach||B. village||C. only||D. by|
IV. Choose the word (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
A Welsh Festival
Wales has a population of about three million. English is the main language and only twenty percent speak both Welsh and English. Every year, (1) _____ August there is a Welsh-speaking festival. It (2) _____ place in a different town each year so everyone has a chance for it to be near them. Local people (3) _____ years making plans for the festival when it is organized in (4) _____ town. Each festival is (5) _____ by about 160.000 people. They travel not only from nearby towns and villages (6) _____ also from the rest of the British Isles and (7) _____ from abroad. There are concerts, plays and (8) _____ to find the best singers, poets, writers and so on. Shops sell Welsh music, books, pictures and clothes as (9) _____ as food and drink. The festival provides a chance (10) _____ Welsh-speaking people to be together for a whole week, with the Welsh language all around them.
|A. on||B. by||C. in||D. at|
|A. takes||B. finds||C. has||D. makes|
|A. pass||B. put||C. spend||D. do|
|A. our||B. their||C. his||D. its|
|A. arrived||B. attended||C. visited||D. come|
|A. but||B. and||C. since||D. however|
|A. just||B. hardly||C. quite||D. even|
|A. tests||B. examinations||C. competitions||D. races|
|A. long||B. far||C. good||D. well|
|A. for||B. to||C. on||D. of|