I. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
|A. define||B. include||C. express||D. treatment|
|A. operation||B. official||C. complied||D. efficiency|
|A. resident||B. furious||C. behavior||D. obvious|
|A. machine||B. transmit||C. replace||D. cruel|
|A. invent||B. decorate||C. delicious||D. design|
II. Write complete sentences.
1. They/ finish/ project/ yet/ ?
2. I/ sleep/ when/ the shipper/ come/ .
3. This church / complete / 1984 / .
4. You / join / festival / next week/ ?
5. Nam asked me/ I know/ Phong/ .
III. Choose the best answer.
1. Try to _____ the trash.
|A. reuse||B. refill||C. reduce||D. recycle|
2. He asked me if I _____ cooking.
|A. enjoy||B. enjoyed||C. am enjoyed||D. would enjoy|
3. I have lived in this city _____ about 15 years.
|A. in||B. for||C. from||D. since|
4. You are quite excited _____ the idea.
|A. in||B. for||C. of||D. about|
5. Jack _____ her clothes between 7 pm and 8 pm.
|A. wash||B. was washing||C. washed||D. is washing|
6. Would you mind _____ silent?
|A. keep||B. to keep||C. keeping||D. kept|
7. The customers had their luggage _____ by the waiters.
|A. carry||B. carrying||C. to carry||D. carried|
8. We have to study _____ for the coming exam.
|A. harder||B. hardly||C. more hard||D. more hardly|
9. I am very _____ about the information you have given me.
|A. keen||B. interested||C. surprised||D. worried|
10. Presents _____ in colored paper and put under the Christmas tree.
|A. are wrapped||B. are wrap||C. are wraped||D. are wrapping|
IV. Complete the second sentence so that it has the same meaning as the first.
1. My family has cleaned up the house for Tet.
– The house ______________________.
2. “Do you know how to drive a car?”, she asked me.
– She asked me ___________________.
3. The last time we met each other was in April.
– We haven’t _____________________.
4. They built this bridge over 30 years ago.
– This bridge _____________________.
5. The young man said, “I will move to a new apartment”.
– The young man _________________.