I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. absent||B. station||C. crazy||D. lazy|
|A. river||B. driver||C. machine||D. visit|
|A. measure||B. beat||C. beach||D. read|
II. Choose the odd one out.
|A. jump||B. hockey||C. golf||D. baseball|
|A. taught||B. drank||C. ate||D. opened|
|A. lovely||B. friendly||C. slowly||D. manly|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. He is a _____ boy.
|A. care||B. carelessly||C. carefully||D. careless|
2. Did you _____ any gifts at the souvenir shop?
|A. buys||B. bought||C. buy||D. to buy|
3. My dad hung that picture _____ the wall at home.
|A. in||B. on||C. at||D. with|
4. Phuong goes to the dentist because she has a _____.
|A. toothache||B. headache||C. runny nose||D. sore eye|
5. We don’t like papayas, _____.
|A. too||B. so||C. either||D. neither|
6. _____ does she often have a stomach ache?
– Because she eats too much candy.
|A. When||B. What||C. Which||D. Why|
7. I prefer _____ books at home to going out.
|A. reading||B. to red||C. read||D. readed|
8. My mom only works _____ hours a day.
|A. fewer||B. a little||C. a few||D. a lot|
9. Her family rented _____ apartment next door to mine.
|A. a||B. an||C. some||D. any|
10. Your _____ is 36°C. – It’s normal.
|A. height||B. temperature||C. weight||D. meter|
IV. Read the passage and complete with the words below about “Recycling Facts”, then decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
On – It – Favorite – Activity
I’m Phu. In my school, there are different sports activities but I only take part in one club called “Walking for Fun”. We organized this (1) _____ last year. The number of participants increases every week. And now our club has sixty members. We usually take a 5-km walk to the beach (2) _____ Sunday mornings. We also walk to school instead of riding bicycles every Wednesday. Walking is my (3) _____ hobby. I think it is a fun, easy and inexpensive activity. And people of all ages can enjoy (4) _____.
1._____ In Phu’s school, there is only one activity called “Walking for Fun”.
2. _____ There are 60 members in Phu’s club.
3. _____ They go to school on foot on Wednesdays.
4. _____ Phu thinks walking is an expensive activity.
V. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. Life in the city (A) is different (B) on (C) the country (D).
2. How did she (A) felt (B) after (C) the trip (D)?
3. Lam (A) doesn’t go (B) to school (C) last Sunday (D).
4. Students ought to (A) do (B) homework (C) after go home (D).
5. Ann sister (A) always (B) play (C) badminton with me (D).