I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. pool||B. shoot||C. good||D. too|
|A. leaf||B. of||C. deaf||D. knife|
|A. cute||B. cut||C. crush||D. but|
|A. passage||B. message||C. voyage||D. age|
|A. stand||B. open||C. name||D. ink|
II. Give the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. David Copperfield is a famous (magic) _____.
2. I think gun toys are (suit) _____ gifts for children.
3. The work was still at (experiment) _____ level.
4. The little village is very quiet and (peace) _____ at night.
5. We were shocked at the news of his (die) _____.
III. Rewrite each of the following sentences, beginning as shown, so that the meaning stays the same.
1. I am interested in reading books.
=> My ___________________________.
2. Nobody is taller than him in my school.
=> He ___________________________.
3. “Can I get this pen, Ngoc?’’ Lam asked.
=> Lam asked Ngoc _______________.
4. It’s a long time since we became close friends.
=> We have ______________________.
5. Bikes are usually cheaper than motorbikes.
=> Bikes are not __________________.
6. When did you start studying the Rubik cube?
=> How long _____________________.
7. We’d rather play badminton than football.
=> We prefer _____________________.
8. Your younger brother is too weak to push that door.
=> Your younger brother is not _______.
9. My father is 50 years old and my mother is 50 years old, too.
=> My father told _________________.
10. “You shouldn’t translate each sentence into Vietnamese,” my brother told me.
=> My brother told _______________.
IV. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in standard written English.
1. We have learnt English for 2018.
|A. have||B. learnt||C. English||D. for|
2. I lived in China for 3 years, so I speak Chinese very well.
|A. lived||B. for||C. speak||D. well|
3. My sister didn’t have enough money to buy the skirt she likes.
|A. didn’t||B. enough||C. to buy||D. she likes|
4. You ought buy some more ingredients from the market.
|A. ought buy||B. some more||C. ingredients||D. from|
5. We will have a birthday party in Sunday night. Would you like to come?
|A. will have||B. in||C. Sunday night||D. to come|