I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. stay||B. cake||C. last||D. late|
|A. search||B. beat||C. heat||D. seat|
|A. stove||B. moment||C. sometime||D. blow|
|A. party||B. happy||C. my||D. empty|
|A. wet||B. better||C. rest||D. receive|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. Trung: How _____ is the pen?
– Tuan: 6,000 dong.
|A. many||B. long||C. far||D. much|
2. The bank is not _____ from here.
|A. far||B. long away||C. near||D. near to|
3. It _____ my father an hour to do gardening.
|A. makes||B. has||C. takes||D. is|
4. I often take care of my garden in _____ free time.
|A. her||B. my||C. your||D. his|
5. Thanh is _____ boy in my class.
|A. the taller||B. the tallest||C. tallest||D. taller|
6. _____ does Lan have Art class? – At 7:45.
|A. When||B. Why||C. How long||D. What time|
7. She is interested _____ history.
|A. on||B. at||C. in||D. back|
8. We learn to repair household appliances in _____ class.
|A. Physics||B. Electronic||C. Biology||D. Math|
9. What about _____ to the library on Sunday morning?
|A. to go||B. going||C. goes||D. go|
10. My children usually _____ cartoon on TV on weekends.
|A. watch||B. are watching||C. watches||D. to watch|
III. Read the passage and choose the best answer.
My uncle is a (1) _____. He writes for a Ho Chi Minh newspaper. Every day, he goes to work (2) _____ 8 a.m and comes home at 5 p.m. He enjoys his work very much. In his free time, he learns (3) _____ the guitar. He also likes going fishing. But he’s not very good (4) _____ fishing. And he doesn’t usually have enough free time (5) _____ fishing every weekend, either. He’s very busy.
|A. teacher||B. engineer||C. nurse||D. journalist|
|A. in||B. at||C. on||D. of|
|A. play||B. to play||C. playing||D. to playing|
|A. for||B. of||C. on||D. at|
|A. go||B. to go||C. going||D. to going|
IV. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. We work (A) very hardly (B) but we have fun working (C) together (D).
2. Yoko is (A) Japanese (B), he is coming (C) from (D) Tokyo.
3. Would (A) you like come (B) to the cafeteria (C) with us (D)?
4. How often (A) is it from (B) Da Nang to (C) Hue (D)?
5. She is unhappy (A) because (B) she does not (C) have any friend (D).
V. Rewrite the following sentences with the same meanings.
1. Van is a fast swimmer.
– Van __________________________?
2. She loves pink color.
– Pink __________________________.
3. Which is your favorite food?
– What food ____________________?
4. Nobody in the class is taller than me.
– I am __________________________.
5. There is a table, a chair and a TV in the living room.
– The living room _______________?