I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. artificial||B. center||C. special||D. facial|
|A. fan||B. bat||C. catch||D. warm|
|A. sugar||B. slide||C. press||D. stream|
|A. normal||B. ordinary||C. onion||D. origin|
|A. though||B. laugh||C. tough||D. rough|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. You can’t swim and _____.
|A. so can I||B. neither can I||C. I can too||D. I can swim|
2. Tomato should _____ in the spring.
|A. plant||B. be plant||C. be planted||D. to be planted|
3. Be responsible for _____ ink over my book.
|A. putting||B. spreading||C. spilling||D. pouring|
4. Would you like _____ and visit me next summer?
|A. come||B. coming||C. came||D. to come|
5. He spent all the money he had won _____ new games.
|A. on||B. for||C. with||D. from|
6. We are very keen _____ listening to stories.
|A. on||B. about||C. to||D. for|
7. She’d rather stay alone than _____ a husband.
|A. she married||B. to marry||C. marrying||D. marry|
8. She doesn’t study hard, _____ she seldom gets good marks.
|A. but||B. for||C. so||D. so that|
9. It is getting cold. You’d better not _____ without warm clothes.
|A. go out||B. to go out||C. going out||D. have gone out|
10. The smoke _____ from the engine of the boat might cause a fire.
|A. comes||B. coming||C. came||D. has come|
III. Give the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. I like wearing loose _____ clothes. (COMFORT)
2. Children seem to lose their _____ in reading. (ENJOY)
3. He made a _____ of Roman coins and medals. (COLLECT)
4. I always drive _____ so I have never been in the hospital before. (CARE)
5. In order to _____ this road, we have to stop using this road for a week. (WIDE)
IV. Choose the best answer with the same meaning of the sentences above.
1. I love playing sports.
|A. I am bored with playing sports.||B. I am fed up with playing sports.|
|C. I am fond of playing sports.||D. I am interested in playing sports.|
2. My husband can’t give up smoking.
|A. I wish my husband can give up smoking.||B. I wish my husband can’t gave up smoking.|
|C. I wish my husband couldn’t give up smoking.||D. I wish my husband could give up smoking.|
3. The students are doing an experiment.
|A. An experiment is done by the students.||B. An experiment is being done by the students.|
|C. An experiment is being do by the students.||D. An experiment is being did by the students.|
4. “I will work for a new bank tomorrow,” Mrs. Tram said.
|A. Mrs. Tram said she would work for a new bank the following day.||B. Mrs. Tram said she would work for a new bank tomorrow.|
|C. Mrs. Tram said she would work for a new bank day after.||D. Mrs. Tram said she would work for a new bank day before.|
5. “May I stay here in the classroom?” Peter asked his friends.
|A. He asked his friends if he may stay there in that classroom with them.||B. He asked his friends if he might stay here in the classroom with them.|
|C. He asked his friends if he might stay there in this classroom with them.||D. He asked his friends if he might stay there in the classroom with them.|