I. Choose the word whose ITALIC part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. chase||B. bar||C. after||D. hard|
|A. close||B. nose||C. once||D. old|
|A. reach||B. dead||C. meat||D. teach|
|A. invented||B. hated||C. loved||D. created|
|A. enough||B. young||C. cousin||D. mountain|
II. Fill in the blank with the correct form of verbs.
1. Would you like (relax) _____ a little bit?
2. The builders stopped (smoke) _____.
3. We have enough money (buy) _____ a new book.
4. Na doesn’t like (play) _____ with her cousins.
5. The government asked citizens (stay) _____ at home.
III. Choose the correct option to complete the following sentences.
1. She doesn’t enjoy _____ chess.
|A. play||B. to play||C. playing||D. to playing|
2. Alexander Graham Bell was born _____ March 3, 1847.
|A. in||B. on||C. at||D. during|
3. I _____ beer since last week.
|A. don’t drink||B. haven’t drunk||C. won’t drink||D. didn’t drink|
4. The boy is a _____ student. He always gets good grades.
|A. kind||B. generous||C. hard-working||D. reserved|
5. Our father used _____ us to the zoo when he was alive.
|A. to take||B. take||C. took||D. taking|
6. You can go for a _____ tour around the zoo.
|A. sightseeing||B. boating||C. sailing||D. camping|
7. My brother feels _____ again after his operation.
|A. strongly||B. strength||C. strongest||D. strong|
8. The film wasn’t as good as we had expected. It was _____.
|A. disappoint||B. disappointed||C. disappointing||D. disappointedly|
9. Last night I watched the movie Romeo and Juliet. At last they killed _____.
|A. herself||B. himself||C. ourselves||D. themselves|
10. The phones are not _____ they were several years ago.
|A. as cheap as||B. very cheaper as|
|C. the same cheap as||D. much cheaper than|
IV. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. In my opinion, I always prefer country life than city life.
|A. In||B. always||C. prefer||D. than|
2. We should put this picture among the vase and the plant.
|A. put||B. this picture||C. among||D. the plant|
3. These bedroom is big enough for our family to stay.
|A. these||B. is||C. for||D. to stay|
4. The driver of the car was serious injured in the accident.
|A. of||B. serious||C. injured||D. the accident|
5. You seemed sadly when you knew your result.
|A. seemed||B. sadly||C. knew||D. result|