I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. horse||B. what||C. housework||D. horrible|
|A. receive||B. scout||C. scream||D. color|
|A. great||B. clean||C. teacher||D. means|
|A. usually||B. only||C. why||D. friendly|
|A. garden||B. good||C. guess||D. teenager|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. We are good _____ Math.
|A. for||B. in||C. at||D. about|
2. A _____ works in the factory.
|A. worker||B. doctor||C. teacher||D. farmer|
3. My brother will _____ to Da Lat city next week.
|A. goes||B. going||C. to go||D. go|
4. American students usually have portable CD players with small _____.
|A. televisions||B. books||C. earphones||D. schoolbags|
5. Vietnamese students have _____ vacations than American students.
|A. fewer||B. few||C. fewest||D. a few|
6. _____ is your new telephone number?
|A. Where||B. What||C. How||D. When|
7. February is the _____ month of the year.
|A. one||B. first||C. second||D. two|
8. Would you like _____ order something?
|A. order||B. to order||C. ordering||D. orders|
9. What about _____ to music at the bar?
|A. listening||B. to listening||C. to listen||D. listen|
10. We _____ our grandparents every weekend.
|A. never visit||B. visits usually||C. usually visits||D. usually visit|
III. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. He usually (brush) _____ his teeth after dinner.
2. She (not go) _____ to the hospital tomorrow.
3. It’s 9 am now. Students (study) _____ Geography in the class.
4. Let’s (meet) _____ at 7 o’clock in the park.
5. My sister (not be) _____ in the bedroom now. She (iron) _____ clothes in the living room.
IV. Read the passage and choose the best answer.
I’m _____ (1) to invite you to a party we are having at the flat next Friday, December 14th. As you know, _____ (2) Lien’s 13th birthday next week and my birthday next month, _____ (3) we thought we’d celebrate together and have a joint party.
I can’t remember if you know my address or not, but anyway, if you _____ (4) the directions below, you shouldn’t get lost.
Take the Number 8 bus from the station and _____ (5) at the Star Hotel.
Walk down Phung Hung Road, past the Tran Long Cinema, and then _____ (6) the first turning on the right. That’s Le Loi Road. Turn left _____ (7) the first junction, then go straight past the church as far as the next crossroads. _____ (8) and our block of flats is the second on the right.
Do try and come. Of course, you’re _____ (9) to bring someone with you if you want to.
Look forward _____ (10) you then!
|A. writing||B. write||C. writes||D. to write|
|A. it’s||B. its||C. they’re||D. she’s|
|A. too||B. but||C. because||D. so|
|A. to follow||B. follow||C. following||D. follows|
|A. get up||B. get by||C. get on||D. get off|
|A. have||B. get||C. take||D. bring|
|A. in||B. at||C. of||D. on|
|A. Right turn||B. To right||C. To turn||D. Turn right|
|A. welcomed||B. welcome||C. welcoming||D. to welcome|
|A. to see||B. for seeing||C. of seeing||D. to seeing|
V. Make questions for the underlined words.
1. I’d like a cup of tea.
2. These shoes cost 120.000 dong.
3. She likes yellow and white.
4. They must go to school on time.
5. She learns about plants and animals in the biology class.