I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. around||B. found||C. though||D. sound|
|A. opens||B. climbs||C. plays||D. sits|
|A. century||B. casual||C. complete||D. occasion|
|A. thick||B. sixth||C. those||D. youth|
|A. fear||B. pear||C. dear||D. hear|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. Luckily, there’s _____ milk left.
|A. some||B. a few||C. any||D. few|
2. People have different ways of preparing _____.
|A. their exams||B. to exams||C. for exams||D. in exams|
3. My grandparents were accustomed _____ in the countryside.
|A. by living||B. to living||C. with living||D. living|
4. Neither Mary nor her two brothers _____ generous.
|A. is||B. was||C. have||D. are|
5. Hoa was the last person _____ school yesterday.
|A. leave||B. leaves||C. left||D. to leave|
6. If my husband had won the competition, I _____ happy now.
|A. am||B. was||C. would be||D. can be|
7. I _____ very well with Tom now, we never have any arguments.
|A. go on||B. carry on||C. get on||D. put on|
8. My dad climbed up the ladder _____ to fix the roof of the house.
|A. so||B. in order||C. so that||D. for|
9. The perfume has been _____ in all the women’s magazines.
|A. advertised||B. recognized||C. impressed||D. read|
10. When the fire alarm rang, our teacher said we _____ immediately.
|A. had to leave||B. could leave||C. might leave||D. would leave|
III. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. He wish that he could visit his penpal in America.
|A. wish||B. could||C. penpal||D. in America|
2. I asked them if they teach other languages besides English.
|A. if||B. teach||C. other||D. besides|
3. The harder he studied, the best he did before the exam.
|A. studied||B. best||C. did||D. exam|
4. Your mother never goes to work by motorbike, doesn’t she?
|A. goes||B. to work||C. by||D. doesn’t she|
5. After living in London for two months, my brother got used to drive on the left.
|A. After||B. for||C. drive||D. on the left|
IV. Choose the best answer with the same meaning of the sentences above.
1. We built this house in 2010.
|A. This house was built in 2010.||B. This house were built in 2010.|
|C. This house has been built in 2010.||D. This house built in 2010.|
2. Start right now or you will miss the flight.
|A. If you start right now, you will miss the flight.||B. Unless you start right now, you won’t miss the flight.|
|C. You won’t miss the flight if you don’t start right now.||D. If you don’t start right now, you will miss the flight.|
3. When was this car bought?
|A. When do they buy this car?||B. When did they bought this car?|
|C. When did they buy this car?||D. When were they bought this car?|
4. My mother said to me: “Turn off the phone!”.
|A. My mother asked me to turn off the phone.||B. My mother doesn’t want me to turn off the phone.|
|C. My mother wants me turn off the phone.||D. My mother asked herself to turn off the phone.|
5. “What do you often do in your free time?” The interviewer asked him.
|A. The interviewer asked him what you often did in your free time.||B. The interviewer asked him what I often did in my free time.|
|C. The interviewer asked him what did he often do in his free time.||D. The interviewer asked him what he often did in his free time.|