I. Choose the word whose UNDERLINED part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. ear||B. set||C. get||D. help|
|A. bow||B. hold||C. nose||D. neighbor|
|A. airmail||B. strain||C. claim||D. wait|
|A. accept||B. princess||C. once||D. contact|
|A. how||B. now||C. snow||D. cow|
II. Fill in the blank with the correct form of verbs.
1. The weather (be) _____ very hot in the summer.
2. Yesterday, Ben (walk) _____ home alone.
3. Tu’s father (buy) _____ her a new bicycle next week.
4. Look! Our new teacher (come) _____.
5. Don’t let the children (play) _____ in the kitchen.
III. Complete the sentences with the right prepositions.
1. Are you good _____ studying English?
2. Does it often rain _____ summer?
3. What do you often do _____ night?
4. That’s very kind _____ you to help me.
5. I promise, I’ll be home _____ 8.00.
6. She is different _____ her parents.
7. Those books are _____ the back of the library.
8. Be careful when you walk _____ the street.
9. I don’t know what my brother is doing _____ the moment.
10. Students in Vietnam go to school _____ Monday _____ Saturday.
IV. Arrange these words to make sentences.
1. Has/ the/ chores/ to/ today/ Hoa/ do/ herself/ .
2. Father/ worked/ for/ has/ 20 years/ my/ here/ .
3. How/ bank/ to/ the/ me/ tell/ go/ to/ you/ could/ ?
4. She/ my class/ is/ enough/ old/ in/ not/ to be/ .
5. Homework/ the/ students/ should/ their/ carefully/ read/ .