I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. leave||B. read||C. ready||D. teach|
|A. hungry||B. July||C. put||D. full|
|A. capital||B. apple||C. small||D. have|
|A. time||B. minutes||C. hospital||D. image|
|A. children||B. school||C. cheap||D. chalk|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. _____ visiting Hoi An?
– That’s a good idea!
|A. How about||B. Let’s|
|C. What about||D. A & C are correct|
2. The summer vacation usually _____ for almost three months.
|A. is lasting||B. is||C. lasts||D. will last|
3. This task _____ about 30 minutes.
|A. takes||B. costs||C. uses||D. spends|
4. Ha Noi is the capital city of Vietnam, but it is _____ than Ho Chi Minh City.
|A. the smaller||B. small||C. smallest||D. smaller|
5. It’s time _____ recess. Children often play hide-and-seek _____ recess.
|A. in/ at||B. at/ at||C. on/ at||D. to/ at|
6. Kevin has a large _____ of coins.
|A. collect||B. collector||C. collection||D. collecting|
7. _____ does the plane fly? – It flies at 500 miles an hour.
|A. How||B. How much||C. How long||D. How fast|
8. We are going to visit the museum. Would you like _____?
|A. to come||B. come||C. coming||D. comes|
9. I have _____ homework to do.
|A. too many||B. too much||C. lots||D. a lot|
10. You say 8.15: _____.
|A. Fifteen past eight||B. Quarter to eight|
|C. A quarter past eight||D. Both A & C|
III. Match the sentences in column A with the sentences in column B.
A. atlas, globe, maps.
B. human beings, plants, animals.
C. poems, essays, writers.
D. words, prepositions, nouns.
E. equation, calculator, graph.
IV. Read the passage and choose the best answer.
At school, we always have four classes in the morning. After each class, we have a ten-minute break. It’s time for recess. After a hard lesson, this time is very important. We are all happy and excited. We can meet our friends and have fun. During the recess, the yard and classrooms are very noisy. Many students sit and chat. Some eat and drink. Some play games like blind man’s bluff or catch. Some girls skip rope. Some boys play marbles or swap the cards. These activities only stop when the bell rings. Then all the students go into their new lesson.
1. How long is their break?
|A. four minutes||B. ten minutes||C. forty minutes||D. twenty minutes|
2. Who plays marbles during the recess?
|A. the girls||B. the boys||C. the friends||D. the teachers|
3. How do the students feel when they have a break?
|A. unhappy||B. tired||C. hungry||D. excited|
4. Who can the students meet at recess?
|A. parents||B. friends||C. cousins||D. neighbors|
5. When do their recess activities stop?
|A. When the bell rings||B. After a hard lesson|
|C. When their new lesson||D. After each lesson|
V. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. I usually (A) do the houseworks (B) for (C) my mom after school (D).
2. How far (A) is it from (B) Vung tau in (C) Bien Hoa City?
3. Go straight ahead (A). Take (B) the first street (C) in (D) the left.
4. It take (A) Trang 1 hour (B) doing (C) her homework (D) every day.
5. Farmers have (A) less (B) days off (C) than (D) workers.