I. Choose the word which stressed differently from the others.
|A. damage||B. atmosphere||C. community||D. television|
|A. season||B. number||C. realize||D. expect|
|A. unfair||B. invent||C. proper||D. agree|
|A. inventor||B. organize||C. together||D. pagoda|
|A. destroy||B. wildlife||C. station||D. lorry|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. How _____ she feel?
|A. does||B. do||C. did||D. is|
2. What is the synonym of the words “get ready”?
|A. repair||B. determine||C. interrupt||D. prepare|
3. My favorite _____ at school was mathematics.
|A. topic||B. class||C. theme||D. subject|
4. Would you mind _____ me a hand with these bags?
|A. to give||B. giving||C. give||D. gives|
5. The clothes are still dirty because I forgot _____ on the machine.
|A. switching||B. to switch||C. switched||D. switch|
6. She walked home by herself, _____ she knew that it was dangerous.
|A. although||B. because||C. and||D. but|
7. You can’t get a job _____ you stand up and submit your resume.
|A. if||B. because||C. in case||D. unless|
8. In a short time, when the clock _____ nine, we _____ here for an hour.
|A. strikes/ will have been waited||B. has struck/ will wait|
|C. strikes/ will have waited||D. has struck/ will be waiting|
9. My grandmother saw a big spacecraft _____ landed on the ground.
|A. who||B. that||C. it||D. Ø|
10. My new school is different _____ my old school because it’s big and modern.
|A. for||B. in||C. from||D. on|
III. Choose the best choice to complete the dialogue.
A: What’s on TV tonight?
B: (1) __________________________
A: Do you like soap operas?
B: (2) __________________________
A: What’s your favorite program?
B: (3) __________________________
A: Did you see the game live?
B: (4) __________________________
A: I’m sorry I missed it.
B: (5) __________________________
A: Really? What time will they show it?
B: From seven to eight.
|A. A documentary about getting rich quick.||B. I don’t care.|
|C. Oh, the usual soap operas and stuff like that.||D. Well, ‘Friends’ is on tonight.|
|A. I can’t stand them.||B. It’s terrific.|
|C. That sounds good.||D. Because they’re so boring.|
|A. I enjoy watching game shows, aren’t I?||B. Game shows. There was an interesting quiz last night.|
|C. I prefer a television quiz. And you?||D. I have no idea. I watched a game last night.|
|A. I don’t think so. I think it’s a repeat.||B. No, they just showed the recorded highlights. It was very exciting.|
|C. It’s a good program, but I’ve seen it before. How about you?||D. No, it’s a repeat. Have you ever watched it?|
|A. Don’t worry. It will be showed again someday.||B. I think they are going to play again.|
|C.It will be recorded next Sunday.||D. It’s going to be repeated next Sunday.|
IV. Choose the underlined part – A, B, C or D – that needs correcting.
1. She wanted to know if I saw Paul recently.
|A. wanted||B. to know||C. if||D. saw|
2. My mom wanted knowing if I had an exam that day.
|A. wanted||B. knowing||C. if||D. had|
3. My car, that I have owned for five years, is a Ford.
|A. that||B. have owned||C. for||D. is|
4. The construction of this building will completed by next week.
|A. The construction||B. this building||C. will completed||D. by next month|
5. Have the play already started when you got to the theater?
|A. Have||B. started||C. when||D. got|