I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. typhoon||B. deny||C. fry||D. robbery|
|A. watch||B. scholarship||C. children||D. teacher|
|A. appliance||B. candidate||C. camel||D. comment|
|A. hat||B. that||C. flat||D. game|
|A. washed||B. advised||C. worked||D. promised|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. I _____ your sister recently. Where is she?
|A. haven’t met||B. didn’t meet||C. hasn’t met||D. met|
2. She is not _____ to do what she wants.
|A. too old||B. so old||C. enough old||D. old enough|
3. The traditional dress of Vietnamese women is _____.
|A. Kimono||B. Jeans||C. Sari||D. Ao Dai|
4. She asked me which school I _____.
|A. to study||B. study||C. studied||D. studying|
5. We all agree _____ you. Let’s start at once.
|A. with||B. to||C. for||D. on|
6. You have talked to him already, _____?
|A. do you||B. have you||C. haven’t you||D. did you|
7. I will go there _____ 9.00 am.
|A. between||B. at||C. in||D. on|
8. Kate has three jobs, so she has a high _____.
|A. income||B. fee||C. bill||D. money|
9. We stayed at home _____ the motorbike was out of petrol.
|A. and||B. because||C. so||D. but|
10. Nowadays, Most students enjoy _____ games after school.
|A. to play||B. play||C. to playing||D. playing|
III. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. The doctor asked him why does he smoke.
|A. The||B. him||C. why||D. does he|
2. Your friends went to your house last week, weren’t they?
|A. your friends||B. house||C. last||D. weren’t they|
3. We have lived in Ha Long since ten years.
|A. have lived||B. in||C. since||D. years|
4. I suggested that you taking this advice to quit smoking.
|A. suggested||B. taking||C. advice||D. smoking|
5. This picture isn’t as nice the other one, but its color is much better.
|A. as nice||B. the other one||C. much||D. better|
IV. Choose the best answer with the same meaning of the sentences above.
1. She enjoys planting trees.
|A. She doesn’t like planting trees.||B. She hates planting trees.|
|C. She dislikes planting trees.||D. She is interested in planting trees.|
2. He used to eat candy.
|A. He often eats candy.||B. He didn’t use to eats candy in the past.|
|C. He ate candy in the past, but now he doesn’t.||D. He always eats candy.|
3. Tam went to bed early because she was tired.
|A. Because Hoa went to bed early, she was tired.||B. Tam was tired, so she went to bed early.|
|C. Tam was tired, but she went to bed early.||D. Tam didn’t go to bed early because she was tired.|
4. She said that he was going to have a new phone.
|A. “I am going to have a new phone,” she said.||B. “I was going to have a new phone,” she said.|
|C. “She was going to have a new phone,” she said.||D. “She is going to have a new phone,” she said.|
5. “We are very glad to see you again”, the students said to Mr. Luke.
|A. The students said to Mr. Luke that they were very glad to see him again.||B. The students said to Mr. Luke that they are very glad to see him again.|
|C. The students said to Mr. Luke that they were very glad to see him again.||D. The students said to Mr. Luke that they are very glad to see him again.|