I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. stool||B. school||C. cool||D. door|
|A. teenager||B. together||C. grey||D. regular|
|A. church||B. coach||C. orchestra||D. church|
|A. much||B. drug||C. future||D. buffalo|
|A. child||B. live||C. practice||D. skill|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. If someone _____ question, please raise a hand.
|A. have||B. have a||C. has||D. has a|
2. Don’t drink so much beer. It’s bad _____ your health.
|A. in||B. to||C. for||D. on|
3. I am a new student. – __________.
|A. So am I||B. I am so||C. Yes, I am||D. I do, too|
4. His new school is _____ his old one.
|A. biger than||B. as bigger than|
|C. bigger than||D. as big than|
5. Will you be free next Monday evening? – __________.
|A. Yes, I will||B. No, I will||C. Yes||D. Yes, I won’t|
6. Mary works _____ a hospital. She takes care _____ patients.
|A. in – for||B. in – of||C. at – for||D. for – of|
7. Which word is the odd one out?
|A. chemistry||B. physics||C. music||D. comic|
8. _____ a cool day!
|A. How||B. What||C. What is||D. How much|
9. What is your date of birth? – December _____.
|A. the ninth||B. the nine||C. nine||D. a nine|
10. It is not easy _____ an apartment in Sai Gon.
|A. find||B. finding||C. to find||D. finds|
III. Match the sentences in column A with the sentences in column B.
1. Would you like to see a movie?
2. Do you like rap music?
3. What is your favorite kind of music?
4. What would you like for lunch?
5. How can I get to the station?
A. Country music.
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know.
C. Some beans with chicken.
D. Yes, I do. That sounds great.
E. No, thanks.
IV. Read the passage and decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
There are two main kinds of sports: team sports and individual sports. Team sports are such sports as baseball, basketball and volleyball. Team sports require two separate teams. The team play against each other. They compete against each other in order to get the best score. For example, in a basketball game, if team A gets 7 points and team B gets 3 points, team A wins the game. Team sports are sometimes called competitive sports.
1. _____ Team sports and individual sports are the two main kinds of sports.
2. _____ Basketball, baseball and volleyball are individual sports.
3. _____ To get the best score, the two teams have to compete against each other.
4. _____ Competitive sports are sometimes called individual sports.
5. _____ According to the text, there are three teams in team sports.
V. Rearrange the words to make a complete sentence.
1. I/ taller/ than/ am/ friends/ my/ .
2. And/ have/ we/ breakfast/ rice/ beef/ for/ .
3. To/ go/ you/ like/ tomorrow/ would/ out/ ?
4. Should/ you/ parents/ ask/ your/ go/ and/ .
5. Take/ recess/ part/ in/ students/ activities/ at/ different/ .