I. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the others.
|A. probably||B. constancy||C. donation||D. general|
|A. double||B. limit||C. frozen||D. expand|
|A. invite||B. intimate||C. divorce||D. imagine|
|A. socialize||B. anniversary||C. understand||D. celebration|
|A. loyalty||B. success||C. capable||D. easy|
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
|A. culture||B. actually||C. dentist||D. mutual|
|A. giraffe||B. goblin||C. manager||D. gem|
|A. diary||B. divide||C. viral||D. stingy|
|A. clown||B. now||C. sing||D. run|
|A. rug||B. humor||C. mutual||D. duty|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. I _____ her if I were you.
|A. would call||B. called||C. will call||D. call|
2. Ly’s parents allow me _____ out with her.
|A. to go||B. go||C. going||D. went|
3. What made you more keen _____ cooking?
|A. with||B. to||C. in||D. on|
4. The United Nations is a (an) _____ organization.
|A. national||B. international||C. nation||D. internationally|
5. There are 54 _____ minorities in Vietnam.
|A. primary||B. national||C. main||D. ethnic|
6. Nam: “I’m having an interview tomorrow.”
– Nga: ” __________!”
|A. Good day||B. Good luck||C. Good chance||D. Good time|
7. _____ for 8 hours, I felt awesome.
|A. Have been slept||B. Having slept|
|C. Having been slept||D. Have slept|
8. I saw Peter _____ by my house yesterday morning.
|A. walk||B. was walking||C. to walk||D. walked|
9. When they _____ at the airport, their flight had already taken off.
|A. has arrived||B. arrives||C. arrived||D. had arrived|
10. We _____ friends even after we grew up and left home.
|A. became||B. made||C. remained||D. developed|
IV. Choose the part that is incorrect.
1. Before (A) he went (B) to bed, he read (C) a novel (D).
2. I am (A) looking forward (B) to eat (C) seafood (D) in Vung Tau city.
3. If (A) he had known (B) these answers (C), he would pass (D) the exam.
4. After she finished (A) her work (B), she came back (C) her home (D).
5. There (A) had been (B) a significant increase (C) in sales (D) since May.