I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
|A. hobby||B. review||C. promise||D. bandage|
|A. agree||B. habit||C. sterile||D. tissue|
|A. memory||B. towel||C. awake||D. parcel|
|A. product||B. enroll||C. minimize||D. discount|
|A. happen||B. tasty||C. hospital||D. overheat|
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. canoe||B. badly||C. flat||D. hand|
|A. bite||B. smile||C. promise||D. minimize|
|A. crush||B. rude||C. hungry||D. cup|
|A. happened||B. seemed||C. poured||D. picked|
|A. invite||B. faint||C. patient||D. victim|
III. Choose the word (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Thank you very much (1) _____ the magazines and comics. I read all of them last night. I have never seen American comics (2) _____. They are really good – (3) _____ better than (4) _____ comics.
I (5) _____ some good news last night – we are going to Florida (6) _____ the summer! I have never been to the States before, so I’m really (7) _____. I’ve already (8) _____ a guidebook – Disney World looks amazing. Have you ever been there?
Write soon, Helen.
|A. about||B. of||C. for||D. to|
|A. ago||B. after||C. before||D. since|
|A. more||B. much||C. many||D. little|
|A. China||B. America||C. Vietnam||D. English|
|A. hear||B. am hearing||C. heard||D. heared|
|A. in||B. at||C. on||D. when|
|A. excite||B. excited||C. exciting||D. excitement|
|A. buy||B. buyed||C. buying||D. bought|
IV. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. A ambulance will be here in ten minutes.
|A. A||B. will||C. here||D. in|
2. It was so exciting to see those magnificently caves.
|A. was||B. exciting||C. to see||D. magnificently|
3. Da Lat is known like a city of strawberries.
|A. known like||B. a city||C. of||D. strawberries|
4. It is unhealthy to live in many of the world cities.
|A. unhealthy||B. to live||C. in many||D. world cities|
5. The boy fell out his bike and hit his head on the street.
|A. fell out||B. and||C. hit||D. on|
6. She would like you inviting her to the concert.
|A. would like||B. you||C. inviting||D. to the concert|
7. Will I to come to the airport with you?
|A. Will||B. to come||C. the airport||D. with|
8. Toan came back home early in order for meet his grandparents.
|A. came back||B. early||C. in order for||D. his|
9. Miss Blake is one of the represents from Friends of the Earth.
|A. is||B. represents||C. from||D. the Earth|
10. She will be gave a present from her parents on her birthday next week.
|A. be gave||B. from||C. on||D. next week|