I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the other.
|A. climb||B. able||C. brave||D. suburb|
|A. weak||B. wealthy||C. peanut||D. measles|
|A. cooked||B. brushed||C. danced||D. needed|
|A. cousin||B. catch||C. circus||D. culture|
|A. painted||B. joined||C. preferred||D. stayed|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. Your sister tells me a lot _____ you.
|A. of||B. about||C. at||D. on|
2. Wash vegetables carefully before _____.
|A. cooking and eating||B. to cook and to eat|
|C. cook and eat||D. cooking and eat|
3. My neighbor, Mrs. Nga, bought the material and _____ the dress for me.
|A. does||B. made||C. did||D. makes|
4. I _____ Cham temple and Tri Nguyen Aquarium.
|A. went||B. looked||C. came||D. visited|
5. Anna is always afraid _____ spiders.
|A. off||B. with||C. of||D. by|
6. We will be back _____ a few minutes.
|A. in||B. on||C. at||D. about|
7. A: I have a cold.
– B: You’d better _____ out.
|A. go||B. not go||C. to go||D. not to go|
8. She is 160 centimeters _____.
|A. tall||B. heavy||C. old||D. high|
9. How _____ is Nhung? – She is 46 kilos.
|A. high||B. weight||C. heavy||D. much|
10. Tram and her sister _____ at home yesterday.
|A. didn’t are||B. wasn’t||C. weren’t||D. not were|
III. Fill in the blanks with the given words.
Would – Disappear – Wrong – Common – Cough
Feel – Slight – Symptoms – Take – Headache
Lan: Good morning!
Doctor: Good morning! Take a seat, please! What’s (1) _____ with you?
Lan: Yes, I have a (2) _____ and a stomachache. I (3) _____ very tired.
Doctor: Well, I need to (4) _____ your temperature first.
Doctor: (5) _____ you open your mouth, please? Thanks! That’s is 39oC. You have a (6) _____ fever. Do you have a runny nose, coughing, and sneezing?
Lan: Yes, I (7) _____ very much.
Doctor: All right. You catch the (8) _____ cold. Don’t worry. Your cold will last for a few days and then (9) _____ itself. I will give you some medicines to relieve the (10) _____.
Lan: Thank you!
IV. Rewrite the following sentences using “had better”.
1. Linh shouldn’t stay up too late.
2. You should do morning exercise regularly.
3. She has a headache. I advise her to take a rest.
4. You shouldn’t smoke in the hospital.
5. The doctor advises me to brush your teeth twice a day.