I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. pedestrian||B. repeat||C. test||D. message|
|A. escape||B. require||C. excited||D. emigrate|
|A. apology||B. annoy||C. apply||D. absent|
|A. played||B. erased||C. died||D. appeared|
|A. graze||B. magical||C. plant||D. rag|
II. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. You must come back both 10 o’clock and 10.30 at night.
|A. must||B. both||C. and||D. at night|
2. My grandmother used to tell me folktales when I were small.
|A. used to||B. tell||C. when||D. were small|
3. Everyone was exciting as the prince wanted to choose his wife from the village.
|A. exciting||B. the prince||C. to choose||D. from|
4. Nam and Duy didn’t go to school because they have to do a lot of housework.
|A. didn’t go||B. because||C. have to||D. a lot of|
5. I agree that we should to be good students at school and good children at home.
|A. agree||B. should to be||C. and||D. children|
III. Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Everyone was _____ at the battle. (EXCITE)
2. “The snow-white” is one of the _____ stories I like best. (TRADITION)
3. In that story, the prince got _____ to a poor girl. (MARRY)
4. Her mother soon passed away because of a _____ heart. (BREAK)
5. There wasn’t _____ in my city ten years ago. (ELECTRIC)
IV. Use the question words in brackets to make questions.
1. She picked up me to school. (Whom)
2. Nga took a course in English last year. (Which course)
3. He went to the zoo yesterday. (Where)
4. I found the ring under a chair. (Where)
5. Loan put all her books in her school bag. (What)
6. I made five mistakes in the exam. (How many)
7. Quang spoke to the teacher after school. (Whom)
8. Nhi left her house to Binh Thuan three days ago. (When)
9. All of the students did the test carefully. (How)
10. I had two glasses of milk for breakfast today. (How many)