I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. highlight||B. pineapple||C. excited||D. citizen|
|A. cover||B. count||C. recycling||D. cooker|
|A. remake||B. traditional||C. behave||D. straight|
|A. habit||B. magic||C. bag||D. station|
|A. ache||B. chaos||C. chain||D. character|
II. Find the one choice that best completes the sentence.
1. You need to finish your work _____ 5.00 pm and 6.00 pm.
|A. at||B. between||C. before||D. after|
2. It took me a long time to get used _____ early.
|A. to get||B. to getting||C. get||D. got|
3. Duy is the fastest runner in my class. He runs very _____.
|A. fast||B. faster||C. fastly||D. the fastest|
4. They will try their best _____ their calculations.
|A. improves||B. improve||C. to improve||D. improving|
5. Mr. Nam told me _____ you this dictionary.
|A. give||B. gave||C. giving||D. to give|
6. Ngoc works on English a lot _____ improve her new words.
|A. so as for||B. in order that||C. so as that||D. in order to|
7. Our teacher is often proud _____ us.
|A. with||B. about||C. of||D. in|
8. My dad hates _____ to the market.
|A. go||B. to go||C. going||D. goes|
9. The _____ are people who don’t have money.
|A. poor||B. deaf||C. mute||D. blind|
10. This new school is very different _____ the old school.
|A. in||B. from||C. of||D. with|
III. Read the passage. Then choose the best word to fill in the blank.
Nga is excited about the (1) _____ activities she is going to do. The Y&Y is (2) _____ a plan to help the community. She will (3) _____ its recycling programs. In this program, she will collect glass, used paper and empty cans. Then she will send them for (4) _____.
She hopes she can save natural (5) _____ and earn some money for her school Y&Y in these activities. She also thinks about (6) _____ in either planting trees and flowers or helping the street children. It is really interesting, isn’t it?
|A. interesting||B. interest||C. interested||D. interests|
|A. to have||B. have||C. having||D. has|
|A. take part||B. took part||C. get in||D. got in|
|A. recycle||B. recycling||C. to recycle||D. recycled|
|A. resources||B. courses||C. schools||D. materials|
|A. participate||B. to participate||C. participated||D. participating|
IV. Supply the correct tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. He (use to) _____ smoke when he was 17.
2. (You/watch) _____ the football match last night?
3. My uncle (work) _____ very hard when he (be) _____ young.
4. It stopped raining, so I (take) _____ off my raincoat.
5. I am in a hurry now, I (not have) _____ time to talk to you.