I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. stomach||B. couch||C. lunch||D. teacher|
|A. vacation||B. collection||C. education||D. question|
|A. relax||B. snack||C. area||D. atlas|
|A. receive||B. score||C. scout||D. comics|
|A. rehearse||B. honor||C. household||D. horrible|
II. Choose the correct word or phrase to fill in each of the following sentences.
1. Her birthday is on the _____ of November.
|A. three||B. third||C. thirteen||D. thirty|
2. It is an awful restaurant. It is _____ restaurant in the city.
|A. good||B. bad||C. better||D. the worst|
3. Minh enjoys _____ very much.
|A. draw||B. draws||C. drawing||D. to draw|
4. We have three _____ today.
|A. classes||B. class||C. period||D. subject|
5. The class _____ at 6:45 in the morning.
|A. starts||B. start||C. end||D. ends|
6. How _____ do you go to the hospital? – Every month.
|A. much||B. many||C. far||D. often|
7. Students have a _____ each day.
|A. fifteen-minute break||B. fifteen-minutes break|
|C. fifteen-minutes breaks||D. fifteen-minute breaks|
8. Nile river is the _____ river in the world.
|A. longer||B. longest||C. longer than||D. long|
9. Listen! The boy _____ the piano.
|A. is playing||B. plays||C. are playing||D. play|
10. How far _____ it from Nha Trang to Vung Tau city?
|A. was||B. are||C. is||D. were|
III. Match the sentences in column A with the sentences in column B.
1. What time do your classes begin and finish?
2. What is your favorite subject?
3. What are you good at?
4. Would you like to come to my birthday party?
5. Which subjects do you often do experiments?
A. I’m good at singing.
B. Yes, I’d love to.
C. My favorite subject is English.
D. They begin at 8 am and finish at 4 pm.
E. We often do experiments in Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
IV. Read the passage and decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
The Vietnamese students take part in different after-school activities. Some students play sports. They often play soccer, table tennis or badminton. Sometimes they go swimming in the swimming pools. Some students like music, drama movies. They often practice playing musical instruments in the school music room. They join in the school theatre group and usually rehearse plays. Some are members of the stamp collector’s club. They often get together and talk about their stamps. A few students stay at home and play video games or computer games. Most of them enjoy their activities after school hours.
1. _____ Students in Viet Nam take part in different after-school activities.
2. _____ They usually go swimming in the swimming pools.
3. _____ Some students often practice playing musical instruments in the art club.
4. _____ They join in the school theater group.
5. _____ Vietnamese students enjoy their activities after school.
6. _____ Many students play games or computer games.