I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. aware||B. constant||C. landed||D. entrance|
|A. scout||B. cellar||C. communist||D. carry|
|A. reduced||B. dissolved||C. supposed||D. encouraged|
|A. encourage||B. country||C. ground||D. young|
|A. subsidy||B. measure||C. solve||D. congress|
II. Choose the word with the different stress pattern.
|A. element||B. commitment||C. heritage||D. subsidy|
|A. inflation||B. average||C. nursery||D. thinkable|
|A. commit||B. common||C. communist||D. country|
|A. reform||B. reduce||C. renovate||D. review|
|A. policy||B. enterprise||C. government||D. minority|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. Trung and Lien _____ married last December.
|A. got||B. were getting||C. have got||D. has got|
2. I _____ you this package if I had known your address.
|A. will send||B. would send|
|C. would have sent||D. sent|
3. Your teacher wouldn’t be angry if you _____ on pronunciation.
|A. had focused||B. focused||C. has focused||D. focus|
4. The government is aiming _____ 50% reduction in unemployment.
|A. to||B. at||C. on||D. for|
5. Ms. Helen _____ in Tokyo 15 years ago.
|A. lives||B. is living||C. lived||D. has lived|
6. English _____ at the conference next Thursday.
|A. will speak||B. is speaking||C. has spoken||D. will be spoken|
7. We would have sent you a Christmas card if we _____ your address.
|A. had had||B. had||C. have had||D. have|
8. Tung got good marks for his test because all the lessons were revised _____ by him.
|A. careful||B. carelessly||C. careless||D. carefully|
IV. Rewrite the sentence using the given expression.
1. My sister is preparing the meal in the kitchen. (Passive voice)
=> The meal ______________________.
2. She loses her job because she often goes to work late. (Conditional sentence)
=> If she __________________________.
3. They will go to the station. They will meet their parents. (Conditional sentence)
=> They __________________________.
4. “Don’t touch anything in this room,” the policeman asked. (Reported speech)
=> The policeman asked ___________.
5. The wild animals which are living in National Parks are protected carefully. (Reduce relative pronoun)
=> The wild animals ________________.