I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. death||B. beat||C. teach||D. meat|
|A. deliver||B. mice||C. dentist||D. active|
|A. emigrate||B. success||C. detail||D. intend|
|A. account||B. happy||C. action||D. aunt|
|A. sun||B. send||C. seem||D. sugar|
II. Find one mistake in each following sentence by choosing among A, B or C.
1. On Monday, we has to wear Ao Dai at school.
|A. On Monday||B. has to||C. at school|
2. Minh don’t eat breakfast yesterday morning.
|A. don’t||B. eat||C. yesterday morning|
3. This cart isn’t enough big to carry all the shopping.
|A. isn’t||B. enough big||C. the shopping|
4. I will phone you when I will pick her up.
|A. will phone||B. when||C. will pick|
5. Which subject will your brother studying next year?
|A. Which subject||B. studying||C. next year|
6. Most of the kids enjoys listening to folktales.
|A. enjoys||B. listening||C. folktales|
7. Van is absent today because of the heavy traffic jam.
|A. is absent||B. because of||C. heavy|
8. Why don’t we putting the coffee table in the bedroom?
|A. don’t||B. putting||C. in the bedroom|
9. Many children likes cartoons a lot.
|A. Many||B. likes||C. a lot|
10. On the shelf, there are much books.
|A. On the shelf||B. are||C. much|
III. Give the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. My school will hold a _____ for the students’ parents. (Meet)
2. Toan has a big _____ of coins. (Collect)
3. My mom is a good _____. (Cooking)
4. Human should save the _____ resources. (Nature)
5. Why do you keep silent? – You look so _____. (Happy)
IV. Read the passage and choose the best answer.
For many years people believed that the cleverest animals after man were chimpanzees. Now, however, there is proof that dolphins may be even cleverer than these big apes.
Although a dolphin lives in the sea, it is not a fish. It is a mammal. It is in many ways, therefore, like a human being.
Dolphins have a simple language. They are able to talk to one another. It may be possible for man to learn how to talk to dolphins. But this will not be easy because dolphins cannot hear the kind of sounds man can make. If man wants to talk to dolphins, therefore, he will have to make a third language which both he and the dolphins can understand.
Dolphins are also very friendly towards man. They often follow ships. There are many stories of dolphins guiding ships through difficult and dangerous waters.
1. Which animals did people think maybe the cleverest?
|A. Chimpanzees||B. Dolphins||C. Big apes||D. Mammals|
2. What other beings are dolphins like in many ways?
|A. Fish||B. Animals||C. Reptiles||D. Men|
3. What have scientists discovered about dolphins?
|A. They understand simple language.||B. They can speak to one another.|
|C. Men can now talk to them.||D. They can teach men their languages.|
4. Why is a third language necessary if man wants to talk to dolphins?
|A. Most men do not speak English.||B. The dolphins’ language is hard to learn.|
|C. Dolphins cannot hear men speaking.||D. Men want to talk to dolphins in secret.|
5. In what way are dolphins friendly to man?
|A. They like interesting things about man.||B. They often follow ships.|
|C. They often jump on to ships.||D. They seem to like stories.|