I. Choose the word which stressed differently from the others.
|A. schedule||B. pagoda||C. promise||D. locate|
|A. internet||B. fishing||C. respond||D. movie|
|A. exception||B. destination||C. independent||D. intersection|
|A. deposit||B. potato||C. collection||D. access|
|A. blanket||B. aquatic||C. athletic||D. relax|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. He’s accustomed to _____ to music before bedtime.
|A. listen||B. listened||C. listening||D. be listening|
2. Do you find these questions _____?
|A. difficult||B. difficulty||C. difficultly||D. difficulties|
3. People use the internet for many purposes, _____?
|A. do they||B. don’t they||C. does it||D. doesn’t it|
4. She came to school late, so I asked her where _____.
|A. she had gone||B. has she gone||C. she has gone||D. had she gone|
5. It took a month to get used to _____ in another place.
|A. live||B. living||C. lived||D. lives|
6. _____ the hot weather, he wasn’t putting on a hat.
|A. Although||B. Because||C. Since||D. In spite of|
7. I’ve known my wife _____ I worked in this city.
|A. when||B. since||C. until||D. before|
8. Have you read this article _____ the website?
|A. in||B. at||C. for||D. on|
9. When someone gives you something, you say: “__________!”
|A. Lucky you||B. Good night||C. Thank you||D. You’re welcome|
10. Why don’t you look for something to study with your free time instead of _____ it.
|A. spending||B. wasting||C. using||D. passing|
III. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. I love to read his new books every time he publishes.
|A. love||B. to read||C. every time||D. publishes|
2. Most people invited to dinner were our old friends from high school.
|A. most||B. invited||C. were||D. from|
3. I am look forward to hearing from you when you arrive there.
|A. look forward||B. hearing||C. when||D. arrive|
4. All students would be able of finding a good job three after this course.
|A. All students||B. would||C. of finding||D. after|
5. They asked a lot of questions, checked their figures, and came up with an solution.
|A. asked||B. checked||C. came up with||D. an solution|
IV. Choose the best answer with the same meaning of the sentences above.
1. He is very rude. He can be punished.
|A. Because he is very rude, he can’t be punished.||B. Because he is very rude, he can be punished.|
|C. Although he is very rude, he can’t be punished.||D. Although he is very rude, he can be punished.|
2. The film was so boring that I fell asleep.
|A. I fell asleep, so the film was so boring.||B. I fell asleep but the film was so boring.|
|C. I fell asleep although the film was so boring.||D. I fell asleep because the film was so boring.|
3. The teacher said: “Keep silent, please!”.
|A. the teacher told us to keep silent.||B. the teacher told us kept silent.|
|C. the teacher told us if we kept silent.||D. the teacher told us keep silent.|
4. Would you mind waiting outside the gate?
|A. Did you see anyone waiting outside the gate?||B. Did you wait outside the gate?|
|C. Will you wait outside the gate?||D. Do you enjoy waiting outside the gate?|
5. I can’t speak Chinese well.
|A. I wish I could speak Chinese well.||B. I wish I spoke Chinese well.|
|C. I wish I speak Chinese well.||D. I wish I can speak Chinese.|