I. Choose the correct word or phrase to fill in each of the following sentences.
1. Let’s _____ some food at the canteen.
|A. has||B. having||C. have||D. to have|
2. What is Tram studying? – She _____ drawing.
|A. study||B. studies||C. studying||D. is studying|
3. Where are the English books?
– They are on the shelves _____ the back of the library.
|A. at||B. in||C. to||D. on|
4. Lam often _____ his dad after school.
|A. help||B. helps||C. helping||D. to help|
5. In _____, we learn about poems and write essays.
|A. Math||B. History||C. Literature||D. Physics|
6. _____ do we have Geography class? – We have it at 9:45.
|A. What||B. What time||C. Where||D. How|
7. Would you like _____ to my house for some drinks?
|A. to come||B. come||C. comes||D. coming|
8. In the USA, students _____ school uniform.
|A. wears||B. don’t wear||C. to wear||D. wearing|
9. _____ do you go to the library? – I usually go to the library.
|A. How||B. How far||C. How much||D. How often|
10. I am bad _____ swimming.
|A. in||B. on||C. with||D. at|
II. Choose a word whose underlined part was pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. book||B. school||C. food||D. choose|
|A. please||B. pleasure||C. easy||D. teacher|
|A. what||B. who||C. where||D. when|
|A. hat||B. house||C. hour||D. hang|
|A. aunt||B. class||C. far||D. parents|
III. Match the sentences in column A with the sentences in column B.
1. What time is it?
2. Would you like to play chess?
3. Let’s go out and have some food.
4. What do you always do?
5. When will she come back?
A – I’d love to.
B – It’s two o’clock.
C – We always watch TV.
D – Tomorrow I think.
E – Good idea.
IV. Read the passage and decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
How many calories can you burn in one hour? Well, it all depends on the activity. You use calories all the time, even when you are resting. Reading, sleeping, sitting and sunbathing all use about 60 calories an hour.
Very light activities use 75 calories. Examples are eating, writing, knitting, shaving, driving and washing up.
Light activities which use about 100 calories an hour include playing the piano, getting dressed and having a shower.
Under moderate activities which use between 100 and 200 calories an hour. These activities include climbing stairs, jogging, digging the garden and playing football.
1. _____The amount of calories we use an hour depends on the activity we do.
2. _____ When we are resting we don’t burn calories.
3. _____ Reading use as many calories as writing.
4. _____ The calories we burn for eating and washing up are the same.
5. _____ Sunbathing uses more calories than driving.
6. _____ Having a shower uses only 100 calories an hour.
7. _____ Getting dressed is a very light activity.
8. _____ Climbing stairs and jogging use the same amount of calories.
9. _____ Playing the piano is a moderate activity.
10. _____ Moderate activities use 100 calories an hour.