I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. campus||B. academic||C. apply||D. entrance|
|A. require||B. society||C. twice||D. applicant|
|A. claps||B. blames||C. conducts||D. makes|
|A. seemed||B. graduated||C. traveled||D. enjoyed|
|A. new||B. who||C. worm||D. two|
II. Choose the word with the different stress pattern.
|A. insurance||B. reference||C. actually||D. Saturday|
|A. condition||B. manager||C. employer||D. director|
|A. recover||B. accountant||C. reception||D. carefully|
|A. lecturer||B. socially||C. identity||D. calendar|
|A. academic||B. economics||C. engineering||D. considering|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. Do you know the man _____ books over there?
|A. which buying||B. he is buying||C. who buying||D. buying|
2. A school year in Viet Nam _____ into two semesters.
|A. is dividing||B. is divided||C. are divided||D. divides|
3. If I _____ in high school, I _____ English.
|A. were/ would study||B. had been/ will have studied|
|C. was/ have studied||D. am/ will study|
4. Sometimes I do not agree _____ my parents about education.
|A. with||B. on||C. for||D. of|
5. She told me about her _____ when we were having coffee last week.
|A. marry||B. married||C. marriage||D. marrying|
6. She is not allowed to use the running machine _____ she is a member here.
|A. unless||B. if||C. provided||D. supposed|
7. In a school year in Vietnam, there are two semesters called the first semester and the second semester.
|A. infants||B. semester||C. terms||D. system|
8. When do children in Vietnam go to _____? – They begin to go to school at the age of three.
|A. High School||B. Secondary School|
|C. Kindergarten||D. Primary School|
IV. Choose the part that is incorrect.
1. Let me see (A) all the answers (B) who (C) you have done (D).
2. Had I (A) interested in (B) this project, I would try to study (C) more about (D) it.
3. Take (A) money with you (B) in case (C) the motorbike will run out of (D) gas.
4. I used to play (A) billiards a lot (B) when (C) I am (D) a student.
5. When this school was (A) first build (B) in 1987, there were (C) only 8 classrooms (D).