I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. deposit||B. tide||C. sightseeing||D. hike|
|A. student||B. introduce||C. include||D. produce|
|A. faded||B. noticed||C. printed||D. started|
|A. wander||B. trash||C. band||D. bamboo|
|A. rock||B. sport||C. record||D. pollute|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. We live _____ 62 Brookfield Avenue.
|A. in||B. on||C. to||D. at|
2. We often take part in many _____ activities at school.
|A. differ||B. differently||C. different||D. difference|
3. Do you know _____?
|A. who how many people go on Sundays to church||B. who go to church on Sundays how many people|
|C. how many people who go on Sundays to church||D. how many people who go to church on Sundays|
4. Is this the pen _____ you wanted to buy?
|A. who||B. which||C. whose||D. whom|
5. If we knew his new address, we _____ to see him next week.
|A. came||B. will come||C. would come||D. come|
6. The salary is too low _____ I’m looking for another one.
|A. so||B. so that||C. when||D. to|
7. I can’t make a _____ to keep going or to give up.
|A. decide||B. decision||C. decisive||D. decisively|
8. If it’s raining this afternoon, The match has to _____ till next week.
|A. put off||B. put out in||C. put away||D. put on|
9. He climbed up the tree _____ to pick the apples.
|A. so||B. so that||C. in order||D. for|
10. I want to have my clothes _____. I’m going to a wedding on Saturday.
|A. cleaned||B. cleaning||C. clean||D. to clean|
III. Give the right form of words in the brackets.
1. China is a _____ country. (Technology)
2. Food and clothing are _____ of life. (Necessary)
3. Cigarette _____ has been banned. (Advertise)
4. He has a lot of _____ on speaking. (Improve)
5. This is the _____ day we have ever had. (Bad)
IV. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. There are other religion in Malaysia.
|A. There||B. other||C. religion||D. in Malaysia|
2. Andy called from Ohio and said that she was studying here.
|A. called from||B. said that||C. was studying||D. here|
3. This man is so efficient that he always amaze me with his speed.
|A. so||B. he||C. amaze||D. speed|
4. Every year people around the world spending billions of dollars buying things online.
|A. Every year||B. spending||C. buying||D. online|
5. All applicants will interviewed as soon as their papers have been filled in.
|A. will interviewed||B. as soon as||C. have been||D. filled in|