I. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. My aunt _____ (be) a doctor. She _____ (work) in a local hospital.
2. What _____ (your brother/ do) now? – He _____ (play) games in the bedroom.
3. I _____ (not go) camping next Sunday. I _____ (visit) the zoo.
4. Mr. Hung is a journalist. He _____ (write) for Cong An newspaper.
5. We’d like _____ (visit) you.
II. Choose a word that underlined part was pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. great||B. reader||C. teacher||D. means|
|A. wet||B. better||C. rest||D. pretty|
|A. horrible||B. hour||C. house||D. here|
|A. party||B. lovely||C. sky||D. empty|
|A. stove||B. moment||C. sometime||D. close|
III. Give the correct form of comparison of the adjectives.
1. Ngoc is _____ student in our class. (Good)
2. December is _____ than June. (Cold)
3. What’s _____ day in your life? (Happy)
4. These phones are _____ than those phones. (Cheap)
5. This is _____ T-Shirt I’ve got. (Comfortable)
6. Is Vietnam _____ than Singapore? (Large)
7. Living in the city is _____ than living in the countryside. (Expensive)
8. What is _____ mountain in Viet Nam? (High)
IV. Complete the sentences with the appropriate prepositions.
1. Viet lives _____ his uncle _____ Truong Chinh Street.
2. His birthday is _____ March 8th.
3. The party will be _____ ten o’clock to half-past eleven _____ Saturday morning.
4. What is your date _____ birth, Ba?
5. I’ll wait _____ you in front of the coffee shop.