I. Choose the word which stressed differently from the others.
|A. unique||B. decided||C. rivalry||D. develop|
|A. wonderful||B. edition||C. adjective||D. difference|
|A. potential||B. delicate||C. apprentice||D. astonished|
|A. occasion||B. treatment||C. guidance||D. tropical|
|A. usually||B. website||C. benefit||D. control|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. A: Thank you very much for that!
– B: Well, _____.
|A. never mind||B. of course||C. thank you||D. I don’t mind|
2. Next year, we’re _____ a yard in our garden.
|A. wanting||B. deciding||C. letting||D. building|
3. She asked us _____ her phone _____.
|A. where/ is||B. where/ was||C. whether/ is||D. what/ was|
4. My uncle’s family have lived on the farm _____ ages.
|A. since||B. up to||C. for||D. at|
5. Mrs. Ramsay was accustomed _____ in this rickety house.
|A. by living||B. living||C. with living||D. to living|
6. A new movie _____ next year.
|A. is built||B. will be built||C. will build||D. build|
7. I looked forward to _____ my first salary.
|A. receive||B. receiving||C. be receiving||D. had received|
8. She came on Sunday morning and stayed here _____ 8:00 and 10:00.
|A. between||B. among||C. at||D. from|
9. I _____ very well with my father now, we never have any arguments.
|A. go on||B. carry on||C. get on||D. put on|
10. He climbed up the tree _____ to pick the apples before somebody picks them.
|A. so||B. so that||C. in order||D. for|
III. Find one mistake in each sentence by choosing A, B, C or D.
1. We wish today was sunny so that we can spend the day outside.
|A. was||B. so that||C. can||D. outside|
2. He became interested in cook while he was working in this restaurant.
|A. interested||B. cook||C. while||D. was working|
3. Because the strong rain, she couldn’t travel to school.
|A. Because||B. strong rain||C. couldn’t||D. to school|
4. They asked me what happen last night, but I was unable to tell them.
|A. What happen||B. last night||C. unable||D. tell them|
5. If we had a bigger house, we could invite our grandparents stay.
|A. had||B. could||C. invite||D. stay|
IV. Choose the best answer with the same meaning of the sentences above.
1. My mom said, “Don’t touch the stove!”
– My mom said _____________________.
|A. I didn’t touch the stove||B. I touched the stove|
|C. to touch the stove||D. not to touch the stove|
2. “Where have you been?” the teacher asked her student.
– The teacher asked her student _____________________.
|A. where had he been||B. where he had been|
|C. where has he been||D. where he has been|
3. “Has Trang talked to you?” my friend asked.
– My friend asked me if _____________________.
|A. I have talked to Trang||B. Trang has talked to me|
|C. I had talked to Trang||D. Trang had talked to me|
4. “Our teacher will go to the party tomorrow,” Linh said.
– Luan said _____________________.
|A. Their teacher would go to the party the next day||B. Our teacher will go to the party tomorrow|
|C. Our teacher would go to the party the next day||D. Their teacher would go to the party tomorrow|
5. Andy said, “We didn’t have meat a week ago.”
– Andy said that _____________________.
|A. they didn’t have meat a week ago||B. they hadn’t had meat a week ago|
|C. they haven’t had meat a week before||D. they hadn’t had meat a week before|