I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. agree||B. admit||C. admire||D. awful|
|A. teach||B. spread||C. bread||D. ready|
|A. comfort||B. policeman||C. volunteer||D. complete|
|A. trousers||B. sisters||C. transmits||D. resorts|
|A. mobile||B. holding||C. going||D. director|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. We _____ pick up flowers in the park.
|A. don’t have to||B. shouldn’t to||C. must not||D. ought not|
2. I cleaned the kitchen after _____ it.
|A. dusting||B. tidying||C. making||D. sweeping|
3. This hotel doesn’t have _____ for everyone.
|A. room enough||B. enough room||C. rooms enough||D. enough rooms|
4. I don’t think I’ll go _____ now. It’s too hot.
|A. inside||B. outside||C. outdoor||D. B & C|
5. The _____ helps us cook food quickly.
|A. microwave oven||B. refrigerator||D. water heater||D. cupboard|
6. Hung is _____, on the second floor.
|A. upstairs||B. downstairs||C. outdoor||D. indoor|
7. Both of you are so young. Don’t go out _____.
|A. myself||B. themselves||C. yourself||D. yourselves|
8. The man lives at home _____.
|A. himself||B. herself||C. itself||D. myself|
9. Ms. Green is out. Can I _____ a message for her? – Sure.
|A. lend||B. give||C. leave||D. take|
10. He lost the _____ at school and he couldn’t go into the house.
|A. computer||B. key||C. door||D. newspaper|
III. Read and choose the best answer that is suitable to fill in each gap.
The Robinsons ___ (1) ___ to visit Ha Long Bay this year. It’s one of the new seven wonders of the world with many limestone ___ (2) ___. There, the ___ (3) ___ is always great and sunny, the wind is often light. The family ___ (4) ___ a holiday which lasts for a week. They are going to stay in a ___ (5) ___ hotel near the seaside. Liz has already planned her trip. She is going to go swimming ___ (6) ___. In the afternoon, after swimming, she’s going to build sand ___ (7) ___ on the beach. In the evening, It’s time for ___ (8) ___. She’s going to travel on foot along the street with her mother.
|A. are going||B. plan||C. intend||D. All are correct|
|A. mountains||B. islands||C. hills||D. beaches|
|A. weather||B. scenery||C. landscape||D. All are correct|
|A. takes||B. makes||C. gets||D. books|
|A. 5 stars||B. 5-stars||C. 5-star||D. A & C|
|A. every day||B. daily||C. days||D. A & B|
|A. cattles||B. castles||C. catsles||D. cassles|
|A. cycling||B. walking||C. buying||D. eating|
IV. Give the right form of the following words.
1. She’s beautiful with a _____ smile. (LOVE)
2. Each of people has a _____ character. (DIFFER)
3. _____, He found his money. (LUCK)
4. I like my English teacher for his sense of _____. (HUMOROUS)
5. She’s always worried about the _____ of her family. (SAFE)