I. Choose the correct word or phrase to fill in each of the following sentences.
1. Thuy is a new student so she is very _____.
|A. happy||B. nervous||C. delicious||D. awful|
2. Valentine’s Day is in _____.
|A. February||B. July||C. October||D. December|
3. We _____ a football match next Sunday.
|A. have||B. having||C. are have||D. will have|
4. Milk is _____ than coffee.
|A. good||B. gooder||C. better||D. bad|
5. _____ you be free tomorrow night?
|A. Are||B. Do||C. Will||D. Won’t|
6. A _____ bakes and sells cakes and bread.
|A. writer||B. nurse||C. dentist||D. baker|
7. There _____ a spider under the table.
|A. are||B. is||C. be||D. is being|
8. What _____ boring book!
|A. a||B. an||C. the||D. Ø|
9. January is the _____ month of the year.
|A. one||B. second||C. first||D. two|
10. Baseball is different _____ tennis.
|A. from||B. of||C. with||D. for|
II. Give the correct form of comparison of the adjectives.
1. Ho Chi Minh city is _____ than Nha Trang city. (Big)
2. That is _____ flower in the garden. (Beautiful)
3. The weather today is _____ than yesterday. (Good)
4. You are the _____ person that I’ve ever met. (Nice)
5. She is _____ than her elder brother. (Clever)
III. Complete the passage, use the words in the box.
For – Out – In – Is
Weekdays – With – Visit – Old
My name (1) _____ Thanh. I am twelve years (2) _____. I am a student (3) _____ grade 7. I live (4) _____ my parents in Ho Chi Minh city. I go to school on (5) _____. At the weekend, I often (6) _____ my grandmother. Sometimes, we go out (7) _____ dinner. We never go (8) _____ of the city.
IV. Choose the best question for each answer.
1. My uncle and aunt work on a farm far from Ha Noi.
|A. What do your uncle and aunt work?||B. When do your uncle and aunt work?|
|C. How do your uncle and aunt work?||D. Where do your uncle and aunt work?|
2. Huong’s parents are doctors and they work in a big hospital.
|A. Where do they work?||B. What are Huong’s parents?|
|C. What are Huong’s parents’ jobs and where do they work?||D. What do Huong’s parents do?|
3. Chi’s elder sister, journalist Loan, writes for the Lao Dong newspaper.
|A. Who writes for the Lao Dong newspaper?||B. What is Chi’s elder sister?|
|C. Where does Chi’s elder sister work?||D. Which journalist writes for the Lao Dong newspaper?|
4. The apartment on the ground floor is the most expensive of all.
|A. Which apartment is the more expensive than the others?||B. Which apartment is the cheapest?|
|C. Which apartment is the most expensive?||D. What apartment is the most expensive?|
5. Those doctors take care of sick people.
|A. Who do those doctors take care of?||B. Which people do those doctors take care of?|
|C. What do those doctors take care of?||D. Where do those doctors work?|