I. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. please||B. bread||C. beat||D. reach|
|A. received||B. worked||C. obtained||D. continued|
|A. met||B. England||C. decide||D. target|
|A. good||B. look||C. school||D. wood|
|A. soup||B. routine||C. group||D. cloud|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. When the light turned green, she _____ the car away.
|A. drove||B. had driven||C. was driven||D. drives|
2. The new road should help _____ traffic problems.
|A. raise||B. create||C .ease||D. cause|
3. _____ do you take a holiday? – Once a year.
|A. When||B. How long||C. What time||D. How often|
4. I didn’t like it in the new school at first. But now _____ here.
|A. I got used to staying||B. I’m used to staying|
|C. I’m used to stay||D. I used to stay|
5. Don’t worry _____ that. Everything will be all right!
|A. to||B. about||C. with||D. for|
6. My sister _____ to Australia two times this year.
|A. has been||B. is||C. was||D. had been|
7. We _____ her at the company yesterday.
|A. haven’t seen||B. hadn’t seen||C. didn’t see||D. wouldn’t see|
8. _____ money do you earn? – About 6 million VND a month.
|A. How much||B. What||C. How many||D. Which|
9. I work from Tuesday to Saturday, Sunday and Monday are my _____.
|A. working days||B. days out||C. breaks||D. days off|
10. “Was Trang there when you came?” – “Yes, but she _____ home right after that”.
|A. goes||B. went||C. had gone||D. has gone|
III. Choose the sentence or phrase that best completes the dialogue.
Tony: (1) ____________________________
Ann: In a house near Brighton.
Tony: (2) ____________________________
Ann: For three years.
Tony: (3) ____________________________
Ann: The house we had before was too small. We need somewhere bigger.
Tony: (4) ____________________________
Ann: I work in a bank.
Tony: (5) ____________________________
Ann: I don’t earn much. Just about £ 15.000 a year.
|A. What’s your address?||B. Where are you?|
|C. Where you live?||D. Where do you live?|
|A. You have lived there for how long?||B. How long have you lived there?|
|C. How many years have you lived there?||D. How many years have you lived there?|
|A. Why you moved?||B. Why did you moved?|
|C. Why did you move?||D. Why do you move?|
|A. What do you work?||B. What your job is?|
|C. What you do?||D. What do you do?|
|A. How much do you earn?||B. How much money do you take?|
|C. How about money do you earn?||D. Do you earn how much money?|
IV. Identify one mistake in the following sentences.
1. I were tired because I stayed up late last night.
|A. were||B. because||C. stayed||D. late|
2. You never go to the movies, don’t you?
|A. never||B. go||C. the movies||D. don’t|
3. Can you tell me where were you born? – In Sai Gon.
|A. tell||B. where||C. were you||D. born|
4. Since I begin school, I haven’t had much free time.
|A. Since||B. begin||C. haven’t had||D. much|
5. I’m trying to persuade my sister to drive, but I can’t get her do it.
|A. trying||B. to persuade||C. to drive||D. do|