I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. likes||B. lives||C. stops||D. sits|
|A. ancestor||B. celebrate||C. conical||D. certain|
|A. opened||B. collected||C. arrested||D. decided|
|A. concerned||B. raised||C. liked||D. divided|
|A. helps||B. enjoys||C. loves||D. reads|
II. Choose the word with the different stress pattern.
|A. person||B. signal||C. suppose||D. survey|
|A. attract||B. humor||C. treatment||D. modern|
|A. product||B. listen||C. offer||D. destroy|
|A. occur||B. research||C. cherish||D. career|
|A. engage||B. ceremony||C. majority||D. maintain|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. When I last _____ her, she _____ a red shirt.
|A. see – is wearing||B. have seen – wore|
|C. saw – has been wearing||D. saw – was wearing|
2. We need a decision _____ this project by next week.
|A. in||B. on||C. with||D. to|
3. My younger brother is allowed _____ the motorbike by my parents.
|A. to ride||B. to be ridden||C. riding||D. ride|
4. When she came to my house yesterday, I _____ out.
|A. was going||B. is going||C. goes||D. went|
5. The students in the dormitory have to _____ the room with other students.
|A. divide||B. separate||C. share||D. live|
6. When are you going to get the motorbike _____? – The tires are too old.
|A. repair||B. to repair||C. repairing||D. repaired|
7. The number of participants in the survey _____ 250 students for Ha Noi University.
|A. are||B. was||C. were||D. have been|
8. Which phrase has the same meaning as join hands in “People need to join hands to save the environment”.
|A. take each other’s hands||B. shake hands|
|C. work together||D. hold someone’s hands|
IV. Choose the part that is incorrect.
1. Ngoc said (A) to (B) me (C) that she has (D) a boyfriend.
2. Unless (A) my son doesn’t (B) finish his homework (C), he won’t (D) go to bed.
3. People respect (A) her because (B) she is a (C) honest woman (D).
4. Body language (A) is quiet and secret (B) but most (C) powerful language of all (D).
5. A person body (A) postures, movements and (B) positions more often tell us exactly (C) what (D) they mean.