I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. allow||B. follow||C. blow||D. know|
|A. pear||B. wear||C. pearl||D. bear|
|A. danger||B. behave||C. basket||D. baseball|
|A. soon||B. room||C. moon||D. foot|
|A. whom||B. worm||C. wrist||D. wrap|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. I don’t know where Mr. Ha is. He _____ be in the school canteen.
|A. must||B. should||C. might||D. can|
2. We don’t have a bookshelf at our place.
|A. Why so||B. Why not||C. Why not so||D. Why don’t you|
3. _____ did he go to the hospital last week?
|A. When||B. What||C. Who||D. Why|
4. I kept _____ touch with her _____ letters.
|A. in / by||B. on / by||C. in / with||D. on / with|
5. She draws _____.
|A. beautiful||B. nice||C. beautifully||D. lovely|
6. You speak Chinese. __________.
|A. Neither do I.||B. Either I can.||C. So am I.||D. So do I.|
7. This dish tastes _____.
|A. delicious||B. careful||C. deliciously||D. carefully|
8. The young often like _____ the rap music.
|A. to listen||B. listening to||C. listen||D. listening|
9. _____ to have a meal with me?
– Yes. I’d love to.
|A. Do you like||B. Would you like||C. What about||D. Let’s|
10. Choose the word that has the same meaning as the underlined phrase.
– I’m not busy on Wednesday.
|A. tired||B. late||C. free||D. hungry|
III. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
I (watch) _____ Crime Reported on TV last week and (enjoy) _____ it a lot. The first few scenes (be) _____ rather dull, but later the program (become) _____ very interesting. I also like the policeman on yesterday’s program because he talked about unusual crimes and he (explain) _____ everything very clearly. He also (give) _____ very good answers to all the questions.
IV. Rewrite the following sentences use ‘so/too’ or ‘either/neither’ as directed.
Ex. I like chocolate. (She)
a. I like chocolate and she does, too.
b. I like chocolate and so does she.
Ex. I don’t like chocolate. (She)
a. I don’t like chocolate and she doesn’t, either.
b. I don’t like chocolate and neither does she.
1. I had milk and egg for breakfast last morning. (My sister)
2. Loan wasn’t at home yesterday. (her parents)
3. Nhung can cook very well. (I)
4. They won’t buy any vegetables. (We)
5. Long hates cucumbers and onions. (His dad)