I. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
|A. award||B. carol||C. title||D. council|
|A. describe||B. valley||C. import||D. society|
|A. comfort||B. metal||C. refill||D. moment|
|A. deposit||B. typhoon||C. continue||D. education|
|A. struggle||B. opinion||C. abroad||D. unite|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. He had a bad fall while he _____ the tree.
|A. was climbing||B. climbed||C. climbs||D. will climb|
2. We used to go and fetch milk _____ the farm.
|A. from||B. at||C. to||D. in|
3. The journey from the town to the city _____ about an hour.
|A. spends||B. takes||C. want||D. passes|
4. _____ is a stream or river that falls from a height.
|A. Lake||B. Waterfall||C. Bay||D. Island|
5. Loan asked me where _____ this dictionary.
|A. buy||B. buying||C. bought||D. to buy|
6. The professor told us _____ talk.
|A. not to||B. not||C. don’t||D. didn’t|
7. He doesn’t understand these words. He is _____.
|A. confuse||B. confusing||C. to confuse||D. confused|
8. He asked me if I _____ the answers.
|A. know||B. knows||C. knew||D. am knowing|
9. These toys are made _____ America.
|A. from||B. in||C. of||D. by|
10. For transport, there are flights _____ to Ho Chi Minh city, except Sunday.
|A. weekly||B. monthly||C. daily||D. hourly|
III. Reorder the words to make meaningful sentences.
1. Wasn’t/ the/ expected/ as/ match/ great/ had/ as/ I/ .
2. Mistakes/ teacher/ angry/ his/ because of/ his/ was/ .
3. Bike/ would/ used/ mind/ I/ you/ if/ your/ ?
4. You/ Hao/ asked/ for/ what/ you/ liked/ your/ birthday/ .
5. And/ Quyen/ jogging/ left/ house/ started/ the/ along/ street/ her/ .
IV. Read the following passage and choose the best answers each of the questions.
A friendly letter from Hoi An
We are having a wonderful time in Hoi An. The streets here are so ___ (1) ___ that cars are not allowed to enter the center of the ___ (2) ___, Therefore we have to ___ (3) ___. The houses are very ___ (4) ___ but beautiful. However, I don’t like the way they ___ (5) ___ business. It seems that every house has ___ (6) ___ to sell souvenirs and other stuff. The people are very ___ (7) ___ and helpful. The food looks funny but it ___ (8) ___ quite nice. I haven’t ___ (9) ___ anything yet. But I will buy you some little ___ (10) ___ lanterns.
See you soon!
|A. narrow||B. long||C. big||D. large|
|A. village||B. town||C. city||D. capital|
|A. run||B. travel||C. walk||D. move|
|A. modern||B. new||C. big||D. old|
|A. do||B. make||C. try||D. get|
|A. a shop||B. a store||C. a mall||D. Both A and B|
|A. friend||B. friendly||C. friendlily||D. friendship|
|A. smells||B. tries||C. tastes||D. seems|
|A. seen||B. changed||C. sold||D. bought|
|A. colorful||B. colorless||C. colorfully||D. color|