I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. cap||B. strange||C. absent||D. balance|
|A. steam||B. spread||C. headache||D. healthy|
|A. spinach||B. chopstick||C. stomach||D. cheap|
|A. popular||B. problem||C. product||D. comb|
|A. cyclist||B. ocean||C. surface||D. nice|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. She doesn’t like seafood, and _____ does her brother.
|A. either||B. so||C. neither||D. too|
2. We must drink _____ water every day.
|A. much||B. many||C. a few||D. a little|
3. I was tired yesterday and _____ were my friends.
|A. either||B. too||C. neither||D. so|
4. Which do you prefer, sports or video games?
|A. I don’t prefer video games.||B. I don’t prefer sports.|
|C. I prefer sports than video games.||D. I prefer sports to video games.|
5. The number of participants _____ every day.
|A. increase||B. increases||C. is increasing||D. increased|
6. We plan _____ at about 5 o’clock.
|A. arrive||B. to arrive||C. arrives||D. arriving|
7. Choose the word that has the same meaning as the underlined word.
– She has to do the chores.
|A. must||B. can||C. should||D. will|
8. After taking some medicines, you will feel _____.
|A. well||B. good||C. better||D. A & B|
9. As a child, you ought _____ your parents.
|A. to obey||B. to obeying||C. obey||D. not to obey|
10. He caused an accident because he was driving too _____.
|A. fastly||B. fast||C. very fast||D. much fast|
III. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. Son don’t like Math, and Lan doesn’t.
|A. don’t like||B. Math||C. and||D. doesn’t|
2. Hoa told me that her aunt cutted her hair yesterday.
|A. told||B. her aunt||C. cutted||D. her hair|
3. Your children don’t know how to take care for themselves.
|A. don’t||B. how||C. take care||D. for|
4. Last week, Mrs. Lien have a headache, so she went to see her doctor.
|A. have||B. so||C. went||D. to see|
5. The dirt on the vegetables can make you sickness.
|A. dirt||B. vegetables||C. make||D. sickness|
IV. Rewrite the following sentences using the words given.
1. What was your height last year?
=> How __________________________?
2. Alisa likes to eat ice-cream and Kevin likes to eat ice-cream.
=> Mary likes _____________________.