I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. changed||B. decided||C. improved||D. combed|
|A. patient||B. poster||C. present||D. tool|
|A. cavity||B. type||C. surgery||D. tidy|
|A. touch||B. catch||C. change||D. stomach|
|A. cry||B. fly||C. ugly||D. why|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. Tung traveled to Thailand by plane. He _____ by VietJet.
|A. flied||B. flown||C. fly||D. flew|
2. It’s so happy _____ you.
|A. to seeing||B. to see||C. see||D. saw|
3. Will you let me _____ a photo?
|A. make||B. take||C. do||D. pull|
4. _____ people go to the movies now than ten years ago.
|A. Few||B. Less||C. Fewer||D. Little|
5. He went to the stadium _____.
|A. last week||B. now||C. every day||D. next week|
6. Did you _____ something for me? – Yes, I did.
|A. buy||B. buying||C. bought||D. buyed|
7. She had a _____ because she ate too much sweet.
|A. headache||B. bad cold||C. toothache||D. sore eye|
8. When we _____ free, we often played with each other.
|A. are||B. was||C. will be||D. were|
9. Ms. Nhi _____ me English every Monday morning but she _____ teach me yesterday.
|A. teaches/ does||B. teaches/ didn’t||C. teach/ doesn’t||D. taught/ don’t|
10. _____ you a doctor a year ago? – No, I _____.
|A. is/ isn’t||B. are/ aren’t||C. were/ wasn’t||D. was/ weren’t|
III. Use the given word to make complete sentences.
1. Thu/ sell/ her phone/ yesterday/ .
2. My dad/ call/ me/ last night/ .
3. Last month/ I/ learn/ play the guitar/ .
4. Mrs. Tram/ wear/ a red dress/ now/ .
5. You/ should/ do exercise/ morning/ .
IV. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. I like (drink) _____ juice, and I hate (drink) _____ beer.
2. My mom often (make) _____ breakfast for our family.
3. We (buy) _____ a new motorbike tomorrow.
4. My brother (take) _____ me to the cinema last night.
5. Andy would like (invite) _____ us to his party.