I. Choose the odd one out.
|A. ill||B. sick||C. happy||D. unwell|
|A. doctor||B. nurse||C. dentist||D. mechanic|
|A. tablet||B. candy||C. medicine||D. pill|
|A. virus||B. flu||C. headache||D. stomachache|
|A. coughing||B. sneezing||C. disease||D. running nose|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. Please turn _____ the TV. I want to watch the news.
|A. off||B. over||C. in||D. on|
2. Now Hoa has a useful hobby. She makes her own _____.
|A. wears||B. clothes||C. cloth||D. costumes|
3. Choose the underlined part that needs correcting.
– We will (A) return to (B) Thailand in (C) the fifth (D) of May.
4. Choose the underlined part that needs correcting.
– I couldn’t stay (A) to dinner (B) because the last bus leaves (C) at (D) 6:45 pm.
5. She knows how to take care _____ herself.
|A. of||B. about||C. in||D. for|
6. _____ do you take morning exercise?
– Because it’s good for my health.
|A. What||B. Why||C. When||D. Where|
7. What does a dentist look after? – She looks after people’s _____.
|A. hands||B. feet||C. teeth||D. ears|
8. Hai looks worried because he often _____ to brush her teeth.
|A. forget||B. forgets||C. to forget||D. forgetting|
9. I received a letter _____ my friend last Monday.
|A. from||B. to||C. in||D. of|
10. I hate the _____ of the drill.
|A. music||B. noise||C. song||D. sound|
III. Read the passage and choose the best answer.
KEEPING OUR TEETH HEALTHY
It is very important to have healthy teeth. Good teeth help us to chew our food. They also help us to look nice.
How does a tooth go bad? The decay begins in a little crack in the enamel covering of the tooth. This happens after germs and bits of food have collected there. Then the decay slowly spreads inside to tooth. Eventually, the poison goes into the blood, and we may feel quite ill.
How can we keep our teeth healthy? First, we ought to visit our dentist twice a year. He can fill the small holes in our teeth before they destroy the teeth. He can examine our teeth to check that they are growing in the right way. Unfortunately, many people wait until they have a toothache before they see a dentist.
Secondly, we should brush our teeth with a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day – once after breakfast and once before we go to bed. We can also use wooden toothpicks to clean between our teeth after a meal.
Thirdly, we should eat food that is good for our teeth and our body: milk, cheese, fish, brown bread, potatoes, red rice, raw vegetables, and fresh fruit. Chocolate, sweets, biscuits and cakes are bad, especially when we eat them between meals. They are harmful because they stick to our teeth and cause decay.
1. Good teeth help us to _____.
|A. be nice||B. have good eyesight|
|C. chew our food||D. be important|
2. When food and germs collect in a small crack, our teeth _____.
|A. become hard||B. begin to decay|
|C. send poison into the blood||D. make us feel quite ill|
3. A lot of people visit a dentist only when _____.
|A. their teeth grow properly||B. they have holes in their teeth|
|C. they have a toothache||D. they have brushed their teeth|
4. We ought to try to clean our teeth _____.
|A. once a day||B. at least twice a day|
|C. between meals||D. before breakfast|
5. We shouldn’t eat a lot of _____.
|A. red rice||B. fresh fruit||C. fish||D. chocolate|
IV. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. Linh (make) _____ this cake for her mother yesterday.
2. I (stay) _____ at home at the moment.
3. John (not visit) _____ the museum with his class last Saturday.
4. (Not go) _____ out. It (rain) _____ very heavily.
5. We (not go) _____ camping next week.