I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|A. lock||B. knock||C. block||D. ghost|
|A. feet||B. peer||C. teeth||D. knee|
|A. kitten||B. kite||C. sign||D. mind|
|A. primary||B. high||C. comprise||D. region|
|A. admire||B. primary||C. penpal||D. additional|
II. Choose the best answer.
1. Tu _____ a scholarship last semester.
|A. was awarded||B. awarded||C. awards||D. is awarded|
2. She wishes she _____ an expensive car.
|A. have||B. had||C. will have||D. having|
3. Jeans are _____ by the young all over the world.
|A. wear||B. wore||C. wearing||D. worn|
4. We have been friends _____ 2 years.
|A. for||B. since||C. about||D. on|
5. I wish I _____ on the island now.
|A. be||B. were||C. was||D. am|
6. Every evening, she _____ for a walk in the garden.
|A. will go||B. is going||C. goes||D. has gone|
7. I _____ Minh in that coffee shop last Tuesday.
|A. see||B. sees||C. saw||D. has seen|
8. I have played the drums _____ more than three years.
|A. at||B. in||C. since||D. for|
9. If we _____ more time we could take some more photos.
|A. had||B. have||C. had had||D. would have|
10. I used to _____ to the English center every evening, but now I don’t.
|A. going||B. go||C. went||D. gone|
III. Give the right form of the following verbs.
1. The last time We (go) _____ to the beach was in July.
2. I (work) _____ in this company for seven years.
3. _____ you _____ (eat) Chinese food yet?
4. We (not see) _____ him since he _____ (leave) the university.
5. It isn’t a very good party. Most people (already / go) _____ home.
IV. Rewrite the following sentences with the same meaning.
1. She doesn’t have money. (Wish)
2. This boy cleaned the room an hour ago. (Passive voice)
3. Did you break this flower vase? (Passive voice)
4. I last saw him a week ago. (Present perfect tense)
5. I started learning English when I was twelve. (Present perfect tense)