I. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|A. study||B. truth||C. interrupt||D. husband|
|A. traveled||B. stared||C. landed||D. seemed|
|A. chat||B. panic||C. password||D. target|
|A. bread||B. dead||C. seat||D. tear|
|A. mess||B. behind||C. review||D. repair|
II. Choose the best answer for each sentence.
1. They’ve given up _____ them.
|A. trying teaching||B. trying to teach|
|C. to try teaching||D. try to teach|
2. I _____ to Vung Tau three times.
|A. was||B. had been||C. is||D. have been|
3. Would you mind _____ off the air-conditioner now?
|A. turn||B. turning||C. to turn||D. turned|
4. _____ went to the concert with you last week?
|A. What||B. Why||C. When||D. Who|
5. Tom enjoys _____ part in English club whenever he’s free.
|A. take||B. taking||C. to take||D. takes|
6. You shouldn’t spend all your time _____ games.
|A. play||B. to play||C. playing||D. to playing|
7. Do you usually go out _____ Sunday evenings?
|A. on||B. in||C. at||D. for|
8. As soon as the light turned red, she _____ the car.
|A. stopped||B. has stopped||C. was stopping||D. stops|
9. They plough and _____ their plot of land in the paddy fields.
|A. visit||B. harrow||C. prepare||D. product|
10. Tom was very angry this morning because I _____ his favorite watch.
|A. breaks||B. was breaking||C. had broken||D. has broken|
III. Fill in each blank with one suitable word.
1. How _____ is this phone?
2. Amy is a _____ in Music and Art.
3. Did you _____ up late last night?
4. My dad often watches TV _____ the evening.
5. It _____ me an hour to get to her house yesterday.
IV. Put the verbs into the correct form.
1. After Linh _____ (complete) her homework, she went to bed.
2. How many languages _____ (she / speak)?
3. Ben _____ (be) absent from school yesterday.
4. Wait a minute! My mom _____ (make) breakfast in the kitchen.
5. My hometown _____ (change) a lot since you first came to visit it.