I. Choose the best answer.
1. Is she _____ on foot or by bus?
|A. going||B. went||C. having gone||D. to go|
2. There _____ two big hotels in this street 5 years ago.
|A. are||B. have been||C. were||D. had been|
3. Today, many serious diseases _____ by vaccine.
|A. are preventing||B. can prevent|
|C. prevent||D. can be prevented|
4. Would you mind _____ down the volume?
|A. turn||B. turned||C. to turn||D. turning|
5. If I _____ more money, I _____ some charities.
|A. have/ would build||B. had/ would build|
|C. have/ will build||D. had/ built|
6. He came in tired and hungry and badly _____ need of a bath.
|A. for||B. to||C. on||D. in|
7. _____ you, I would accept that position.
|A. If I am||B. Should I be||C. If I were||D. If I had been|
8. You _____ anyone. You know it’s a secret.
|A. should tell||B. shouldn’t tell||C. couldn’t tell||D. might tell|
9. Did you know him here at the university?
– No, we _____ when we were in high school.
|A. have already known||B. had already known|
|C. had already been known||D. had already know|
10. Unless the biodiversity was maintained, marine life would be _____ stake.
|A. at||B. on||C. in||D. under|
II. Rewrite the sentences using the given word, beginning as shown.
1. “What are you doing here, Phuong?” asked Trung.
– Trung asked Phuong ______________.
2. Let’s have dinner outside tonight.
– Why don’t _______________________.
3. The manager always welcomes new employees.
– New employees __________________.
4. How much water do you drink every day.
– How many _______________________.
5. Nam couldn’t get his parents’ permission to travel with his friends.
– Nam’s parents didn’t let ___________.