I. Fill in the blank with relative pronouns.
1. Do you remember the day _____ we first met?
2. The house _____ I am planning to buy is very beautiful.
3. The girl _____ used to live next door is now a singer.
4. Amy, _____ car had broken down, was in a very bad mood.
5. The car _____ won the race looked very modern.
6. Do you know the boy _____ brother is good at math?
7. We were invited by the bride _____ we knew at the club.
8. I don’t understand the reason _____ you failed the test.
9. The topic about _____ we talked was very interesting.
10. The bedroom is the place _____ we often feel the most comfortable.
II. Choose the best answer.
1. She is famous for her _____.
|A. kind||B. unkind||C. kindly||D. kindness|
2. The professor _____ course I am taking is excellent.
|A. which||B. whose||C. whom||D. that|
3. We want to use this motorbike _____ it ran out of gas.
|A. but||B. so||C. because||D. however|
4. _____ Halloween, many children enjoy dressing up in a costume.
|A. At||B. In||C. On||D. For|
5. _____ it was only the first time you and I met, we made friends immediately.
|A. Even though||B. However||C. Despite||D. So|