I. Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Thank you for a very _____ party. (Wonder)
2. My dad can repair electric _____ very well. (Apply)
3. He was very _____ of the work he had done. (Pride)
4. This school is holding an event for about 300 _____. (Study)
5. People who exercise _____ are less likely to feel stress. (Regular)
II. Choose the best answer.
1. We should avoid _____ our environment.
|A. to damage||B. damaging||C. damaged||D. damage|
2. My money _____ last night.
|A. is stolen||B. was stolen||C. stole||D. steal|
3. How _____ our bills are! We can’t pay for them.
|A. heavy||B. big||C. small||D. expensive|
4. Energy can be collected by solar _____ on sunny days.
|A. boards||B. panels||C. bars||D. sheets|
5. They are trying to save the animals _____ extinction.
|A. on||B. to||C. from||D. for|
6. Our family has lived in this city _____ 1960.
|A. for||B. just||C. since||D. in|
7. When _____? – In 1876.
|A. the telephone was invented||B. did the telephone invent|
|C. did the telephone invented||D. was the telephone invented|
8. Ly is not only a good student but _____ a good cook.
|A. also||B. too||C. as well||D. some|
9. Are wind power _____ solar power new kinds of energy for future use?
|A. and||B. or||C. with||D. but|
10. In summer, air conditioners _____ for 50 percent of the electricity bill.
|A. takes||B. occupies||C. accounts||D. costs|