I. Choose the best answer.
1. My clothes are old. I need some new _____.
|A. anyone||B. someone||C. one||D. ones|
2. My boss _____ me to turn to work immediately.
|A. ordered||B. suggested||C. demanded||D. insisted|
3. Thank you _____ helping me with this task.
|A. about||B. in||C. for||D. of|
4. Lan congratulated me on _____ the final exams.
|A. to pass||B. having passed|
|C. to have passed||D. passing|
5. He denied _____ my money yesterday.
|A. steal||B. stealing||C. to steal||D. stolen|
6. If the weather _____ nice, they might have won the match.
|A. be||B. would be||C. had been||D. should be|
7. I’ve just bought a few comic books. You can borrow _____ if you like.
|A. anyone||B. someone||C. everyone||D. one|
8. He said that if he _____ me, he _____ working for this company.
|A. is/ will stop||B. were/ would stop|
|C. had been/ would have stopped||D. was/ will have stopped|
II. Make conditional sentences (begin with If) according to the facts provided.
1. I failed the final exam because I didn’t study hard.
2. She did not come because it rained strongly.
3. Today is not Saturday. We have to go to bed early.
4. My younger brother is not tall enough. He can’t play basketball.
5. I didn’t know how to do this homework because I was absent from school.