I. Choose the best answer.
1. Is technology making our _____ easier?
|A. life||B. life’s||C. living||D. lives|
2. She got married in 2017 and _____ since then.
|A. hasn’t seen||B. didn’t see|
|C. hasn’t been seen||D. wasn’t seen|
3. You _____ speak quietly. Someone can hear us.
|A. should||B. may to||C. can||D. need to|
4. This is the fourth time you ______ me the same question.
|A. ask||B. asked||C. are asking||D. have asked|
5. A: Is the paper published every day?
– B: No, it _____ out once a week.
|A. turns||B. goes||C. produces||D. comes|
6. No one can persuade him _____ his style.
|A. to change||B. changing||C. change||D. changed|
7. If she _____ time tonight, I _____ her for a meal.
|A. will have/ invite||B. has/ will invite|
|C. have had/ will invite||D. has/ have invited|
8. A _____ is a film with factual information, often about a problem in society.
|A. series||B. soap opera||C. documentary||D. drama|
II. Complete the sentences with “in spite of/ because/ because of”.
1. _____ the storm warnings, we didn’t go out last night.
2. I haven’t received the goods _____ the bill had been paid.
3. Elsa can’t swim right now _____ her broken arm.
4. The villagers refused to leave _____ the drought.
5. _____ the last bus leaves start at 7 pm, I can’t stay with you longer.