I. Choose the part that needs correcting.
1. The police asks me what my name was.
|A. asks||B. me||C. what||D. my name was|
2. The meal that Ms. Lan is cooking in the kitchen is smelling delicious.
|A. that||B. is cooking||C. the||D. is smelling|
3. Mary was drying the dishes when she was dropping the plate.
|A. was||B. drying||C. when||D. was dropping|
4. Linh wishes she had a bigger house and can buy a car.
|A. wishes||B. had||C. can||D. buy|
5. Jack always arrives late for his school and he leaves his house very early.
|A. arrives||B. late||C. and||D. early|
6. Doing homework are a good way to remember lessons.
|A. doing||B. are||C. way||D. lessons|
7. The dentist said me to brush 2 times a day and not to eat candy.
|A. said me||B. to brush||C. 2 times a day||D. not to eat|
8. The next important assignment we must to do is to buy some vegetables from the market.
|A. The next||B. must to||C. to buy||D. from|
II. Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. What do you _____ do in your free time? (Usual)
2. It’s _____ to wear T-shirts and faded jeans. (Fashion)
3. We started our trip in a _____ morning. (Beauty)
4. Traveling by airplane is fast and _____. (Convenience)
5. The _____ of my relatives caused trouble to my family. (Arrive)