I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. vacancy||B. aspect||C. applicant||D. category|
|A. reduce||B. introduce||C. commune||D. produce|
|A. whether||B. enthusiast||C. clothes||D. though|
II. Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from that of the others.
|A. reduce||B.retail||C. repair||D. relate|
|A. advertise||B. qualify||C. recommend||D. interview|
|A. technique||B. experience||C. financial||D. confidence|
III. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
1. If I have free time, I _____ you tomorrow.
|A. had visited||B. visited||C. visit||D. will visit|
2. The environment issue _____ never happened.
|A. I hadn’t expected it||B. that I had expected it|
|C. which I have expected||D. I had expected|
3. Canberra, _____ is the capital of Australia, is very beautiful.
|A. who||B. which||C. that||D. where|
4. I have a degree _____ mathematics from Dong Nai University.
|A. in||B. for||C. on||D. of|
5. She has been _____ for an interview for the manager’s job.
|A. called||B. carried||C. hold||D. brought|
6. If Jenny had been here last night, we _____ him to the cinema.
|A. invited||B. had invited|
|C. would have invited||D. have invited|
7. Before _____ your offer, I’d like to know a bit more about the company.
|A. making||B. accepting||C. preparing||D. refusing|
8. People _____ speak English can easily communicate with many people from different countries.
|A. whose||B. whom||C. who||D. which|