I. Choose the best answer.
1. Trung dreamed of _____ a president.
|A. be||B. to be||C. being||D. to have been|
2. Don’t _____ her anymore. She’s a liar.
|A. think||B. judge||C. hope||D. believe|
3. If he were five centimeters taller, he _____ a good goalkeeper.
|A. will become||B. would become||C. had become||D. has become|
4. I apologized _____ without saying anything.
|A. for leaving||B. to leaving||C. leaving||D. to leave|
5. Thinh insisted on _____ me up at the airport.
|A. to pick||B. picking||C. to be picked||D. being picked|
6. If he were my friend, I _____ him a gift next month.
|A. would send||B. send||C. had sent||D. will send|
7. Most people don’t know the _____ to manage their time effectively.
|A. lives||B. avenues||C. ways||D. structures|
8. The contest aimed to stimulate the spirit of learning English _____ students.
|A. on||B. for||C. of||D. among|
II. Rewrite each of the following sentences in reported speech. Using the words given.
1. “I’m sorry I am busy”, said Mr. An.
=> Mr. An apologized _______________.
2. “I’ll pay for the bill,” said Sara.
=> Sara insisted ____________________.
3. “I didn’t take your calculator,” said Toan.
=> Toan denied ____________________.
4. “You won the prize. Congratulation!” Kim told me.
=> Kim congratulated ______________.
5. “Why don’t we travel to the museum by minibus?” Said Ms. Ngan.
=> Ms. Ngan suggested _____________.