I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|A. campus||B. academic||C. apply||D. entrance|
|A. hour||B. human||C. honor||D. honest|
|A. study||B. subject||C. tutor||D. result|
II. Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from that of the others.
|A. application||B. economic||C. universal||D. certificate|
|A. tutorial||B. intersection||C. curriculum||D. compulsory|
|A. lecturer||B. identity||C. socially||D. calendar|
III. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
1. If she had money right now, she _____ a phone.
|A. will buy||B. would buy||C. had bought||D. bought|
2. If only we _____ you yesterday morning.
|A. would meet||B. met||C. had met||D. were meeting|
3. The college he _____ to has accepted him.
|A. submitted||B. required||C. applied||D. decided|
4. He could earn more money if he _____ overtime.
|A. worked||B. had worked||C. works||D. would work|
5. Violent tropical storms _____ occur in western Asia are called typhoons.
|A. that||B. it||C. which it||D. when it|
6. If I hadn’t drunk too much beer last night, I _____ a headache now.
|A. don’t have||B. wasn’t have||C. wouldn’t have||D. would have|
7. Since I went to university, I have become very excited _____ chemistry.
|A. on||B. about||C. at||D. in|
8. Last Monday, we traveled the Cu Chi tunnel, _____ we’d never been before.
|A. which||B. that||C. to that||D. to which|